2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2018 10:52 AM by JJMack Branched from an earlier discussion.

Fonts don't seem to install in Photoshop

Lengo67 Level 1

I have same problem almost.

I have downloaded an Opentype font. It is not seen by Photoshop CC 2018.

I installed that font into C:\users\myname\fonts

Now I do a cold start of my puter. This clears everything.

I reboot. Adter the disk setlles down from all thoe patches to Windows, and loading up this and that (whatever), I go to

Start/Control panel/Apearances/fonts.

The font shows in this list.

I start Photoshop. Photoshop does not show this font. Why? IT is OpenType, and free for use by anyone.

So I navigate to users/myname/Appdata/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/CT Font Cache and find no other fonts. I .find lst files.

I can't descipher these. I can open them in notepad and see a whole bunch links and names and it's all gobbldy **** becase there are no line breaks.

I think these lists allow photoshop to load up font files in photoshop.

NOW HEAR THIS.

I want access to these lists or whatever is needed to use an OPENtype font, and I want a small program to run to alld to these lists or make the damn list not prohibit use of ANY OPENtype font. Opentype fonts are free to use in ANY program. Adobe is NOT ALLOWED to DISALLOW ANY FONT FOUND ON THE INTERNET. Dissallowance of these fonts is STEALING my right to OPENtype fonts..

NOW HERE THIS TOO:

I hae older opentype fonts that were installed by Photoshop 14, 15, 16, 17, but not 18.   This tells me that Photoshop is now disallowing these fonts, and this was programmed into Photoshop 2018.

Adobe has NO RIGHT TO LIMIT WHERE I GET MY FONTS, and it has NO RIGHT TO LIMIT MY USE OF OPENTYPE FONTS!

These new fonts and old fonts are in Users/my name/my fonts, and are now part of the system. I cannot unload said fonts because I am told they are in use. If they are in use, the Abobe Photoshop MAY NOT PREVENT THEM FROM USE IN PHOTOSHOP or ANY ADOBE PROBLEM.

I want this fixed immediately. PERIOD.