• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

prompted to close Chrome when installing

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install adobe flash player but each time it says please close CHROME even though i have ALREADY close it!

Why !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

On Mac, make sure to exit the app, not just close the browser window.  If you've exited out of the app and still being prompted to close Chrome, it's either still in memory, or some other app is identifying itself is Chrome.  Use Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (Mac) to look for the Chrome process and terminate it.  Be sure to configure Task Manager / Activity Monitor to display processes for all users.

If you're being prompted to close the browser, your installing the same version tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac, make sure to exit the app, not just close the browser window.  If you've exited out of the app and still being prompted to close Chrome, it's either still in memory, or some other app is identifying itself is Chrome.  Use Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (Mac) to look for the Chrome process and terminate it.  Be sure to configure Task Manager / Activity Monitor to display processes for all users.

If you're being prompted to close the browser, your installing the same version that's already on the system and the app needs to be closed to be able to delete the installed version files to then install the version you're attempting to install.

Also note that Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and you shouldn't have to install it manually.  Google does disable Flash by default in Chrome, so most likely you just need to enable Flash on the site you are attempting to view Flash content on.  See Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for assistance.

If the suggestions on Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help don't work, provide the following information:

• Exact URL to content that is not displaying.
  • operating system, including version
  • Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://flash, post the information in the Google Chrome, OS, and Flash plugin fields.  For example:
    Google Chrome65.0.3325.181 ()
    OSMac OS X
    Flash plugin29.0.0.113 /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PepperFlashPlayer/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just in case someone else runs into this, Chrome-based apps like Hangouts also keep Chrome running in the browser.  If you've exited Chrome but it's still running, it's usually Hangouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  having this same problem.  I don't use hangouts.  I rebooted my machine and used MS Edge to get to the download page and it still tells me to shut down chrome.  I had no other apps open on the PC at all.  Very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. the new version of Microsoft Edge is a fork of Chromium, the open-source version of Google Chrome.  I'm thinking that we might be seeing an edge-related process as Chrome.  

Open Task Manager and just start killing off anything Chrome or Edge related.  When you kill the right process, the installer should proceed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only tried using Edge to access the flash download when it kept prompting me to close Chrome, which was not open when I originally tried to install.  I rebooted the machine and ran the flash install from the downloads folder and it still prompted me to close chrome when the only thing open was that file.  I got around having to use flash, so don't need to install it anymore.  But, this is obviously a problem since so many people are experiencing it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines