• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Photoshop crashes on print and other weird problems (High Sierra 10.3.3)

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if my very old Photoshop (CS5) can be made to work with MacBook Pro (2016) and High Sierra 10.3.3). I now tried printing for the first time, and it does open the printing screen with options, but if I touch "preferences" Photoshop will crash.

A second problem: Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop end in a weird way, so that even if I close them normally, they always give the error message that the program stopped working unexpectedly.

Otherwise, they have been working okay, and since I do not use them much professionally, I'd like to keep my old software rather than upgrade to the monthly paying model that seems to be the only option nowadays. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I did try the updates for all Adobe programs; some of them were installed, I think, but with others there were problems. Could it be the thing about the Mac gatekeeper?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Hi Steve

Try this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hle1cf7QVL8

It's all quite simple really........ If you use the Queen's English!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AAM should be updated and that doesn't need any special permissions.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Then try Help > Updates  to get CS5 from the base 12.0.0 to 12.0.4 which is to fix print bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Part one went well, but on installing, I got the following error message regarding most of the Adobe products:

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does updating from to 10.13.4 help? It was just recently released.

Also see this: Adobe Application Manager Trying to Update itself gives Error Code: U43M1D207

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I just solved this problem myself in Adobe CS5 in macOS High Sierra by simply pressing Command-I on the Photoshop app itself to Get Info, and checked the box to run program in 32-bit mode mode.  It worked like a charm!  Now it works with both of my printers without crashing.  A simple and elegant solution if there ever was one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much Karen!!! It works great!!!

(I had been trying to fix this issue for years... until I read your solution!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen. I am having the same issue running CS5 on High Sierra. CAn you explain what you mean by pressing Command I on the Photoshop App please? Do you mean once Photoshop is open?

THank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve 

I'm having the same problem! Did Karen ever respond, or did you work it out?

Regards

Miles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miles. She never did respond and I have yet to figure out what the exact issue is. Now I export everything to a pdf before printing while I try and figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Try this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hle1cf7QVL8

It's all quite simple really........ If you use the Queen's English!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own CS5, but 32-bit mode means Photoshop can only access 4 GB (or less) ram. So my question is if you fix the problem in 32-bit mode, then go back to 64-bit, does it stay fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm! Speaking as a technophobe, you're now getting far too technical for me. I guess that will be a 'Cross that bridge when i come to it' situation. Thanks v much for the heads-up though. 

Sounds like i might be speaking to you again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW ! That worked. Thanks a Million Miles. Wish I could buy you a beer... seriously. Thanks Miles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Steve. Glad to have been of some use. I have an issue with calibrating my iMac to my Canon Pixma Pro-100s printer. I know it is v expensive to do 'properly, but it can be sorted 'in house', but as I said to 'gener7' (Gene?) I am a bit of a phobe. So if you have any tips on that, that would be better than any beer!! Off to teach youngest to ride a bike now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Miles but I cannot provide you any assistance with that and I have never owned a Canon product. All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steveroper, open the computer's application folder and find the Photoshop application's icon.

mouse over it and click command 'I' (for "get info") and make the switch there to 32 bit

[if your mouse has a "right click" then do that and select "get info" from there contextual menu 

or look up "get info" on google to see what that means

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

I have an issue with calibrating my iMac to my Canon Pixma Pro-100s printer. I know it is v expensive to do 'properly, but I believe it can be sorted 'in house' to a lesser degree. It looks like there are a lot of options within a lot of boxes!! Are you able to offer any guidance?

Kind regards

Miles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines