• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Art History Brush Tool Presets in PS CC 2018

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm watching an instructional video by Julieanne Kost on the Art History Brush.  She selects "Art History" from from the Tool Preset "flyout" menu and finds a set of stock presets for the tool.  With the Art History Brush selected and any option selected or not selected that I can find anywhere, there are no Art History tool presets at all, and no "Art History" option listed in the "flyout" menu.  Adobe can't have literally REMOVED a set of useful presets in some late version of PS, can they?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

From the brush presets fly-out menu load the Converted Legacy Tool Presets and then you'll see the Art History presets.

tp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the brush presets fly-out menu load the Converted Legacy Tool Presets and then you'll see the Art History presets.

tp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the response!

I did this and presets did show up in the “Brushes” window but they still do NOT show up in the “Art History Brush” tool preset window.  It remains empty implying there ARE no Art History Brush tool presets.  Am I still doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed things around in photoshop cc 2018 as far as brush and related tool presets are now combined into just brush presets.

I believe you can still save only tool presets for the various brush tools if desired.

Here's the message one gets when saving a Tool Preset using one of the brush tools.

tpr.png

When you load Tool Presets you get a message whether to keep them as tool presets or convert them to brush presets.

tprr.png

more info

New features summary | January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond - much appreciated!

Ok, so I guess the bottom line is Adobe is going to obsolete the “Tool Preset” concept and replace it with a broader “Brush Preset” concept? Why are they leaving the “Tool Preset” panel in place at all then? I guess it’s need for backward compatibility…?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines