• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences only affect current document

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some preferences I've set, such as opening PDF's with "Page Layout: Single Page" and "Zoom: Fit Page" only pertain to the document that is open.  When I close the document and reopen it, the preferences work.  But when I select another PDF to open, the preferences do not work. 

Also, I have dual monitors, and I want the PDF's to open on one of them.  In previous Adobe versions, I've been able to reduce the size of the opened PDF, move it to the appropriate monitor, close the PDF, the reopen, and all PDF's from then on would open in the selected monitor.  Now, with Pro DC, this only works for each individual document.  I would have to do this for every single PDF I open.  In other words, the preference settings are not global.

Please let me know how to fix this.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preferences you set under File - Properties - Initial View will only affect the current file. On the other hand, the preferences under Edit - Preferences are app-wide and (should) affect all documents, unless those documents already have Initial View settings (which are not "Default"). Then again, if you use the options under Accessibility that will override those Initial View options... But to make matters even more complicated, if the document uses a script to set its own IV options that will override anything else. So, as you can see, it's a complex set of rules with a lot of possible combinations and scenarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines