Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic don't sync from Cloud to local

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

At the weekend I tested the synchronization between Lightroom CC and Lightroom classic CC. For this I have about 160 photos (RAW) on a Macbook in Lightroom CC imported and synchronized in the cloud. Unfortunately, Lightroom classic CC on the Macbook Pro completes the download of the original files to the local hard drive after about 52 photos. Whats going on here?

I have already restarted the computer and logged out of the Adobe account and logged in again. Has no effect.

Best regards Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Is it possible that the "missing" downloads are of images that already exist in the Classic catalog? Only new images will be downloaded from the Cloud into the Classic catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank

Have all originals uploaded to the cloud?

You can check by logging-in to your LRCC Web App

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon,

at first thanks for Your answer. Yes, I had checked this. They all were there shown. At the moment I have deleted all files and start again because I have an idea but not sure. I'm coming back if the problem is fixed or still exists.

Best regards Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that the "missing" downloads are of images that already exist in the Classic catalog? Only new images will be downloaded from the Cloud into the Classic catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I suspect that too. Here was probably my mistake. I just put a memory card in the small computer (CC) and imported everything on it. I forgot that a part was already on the big computer (classic CC) imported. I want to test the days but once again in a still moment.

Best regards Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frank,

Something you need to be aware of when importing images into LRCC that are already cataloged in LR Classic, is that there are two possible outcomes in Classic:

1. If the images that are already in Classic are currently already synced to the cloud, they exist in the cloud as Smart Previews only (assuming they were synced from Classic). When you then import into LRCC, LRCC will detect that it already has the image in its library in Smart Preview form. In this situation, LRCC will go ahead and import those images, and will upload them as full originals, replacing the existing Smart Previews. No syncing will take place down to Classic other that it is made aware that the smart preview has been replaced in the cloud by an original.

2. But if the images are in Classic but haven't yet been synced, LRCC obviously regards them as new images, so uploads them as full originals to the Cloud. When you then start Classic, it communicates with the cloud and is made aware that there are new images to download. However, it should detect that some/all of the new images already exist in the catalog, and in this situation it regards them as Virtual Copies of the originals....so it doesn't need to download the originals, instead it creates VCs which it should update with any edit metadata which you may have applied in LRCC. On subsequent examination of the Classic catalog you should find those images showing both as the unsynced original and a synced Virtual Copy.

This is part of the complexities of a hybrid Classic and LRCC workflow, which any potential hybrid user needs to understand. Adobe's recommendation is not to try, but unsurprisingly many (including myself) have ignored that advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines