• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote URLs for See Also Keyword Topics

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulty entering a remote URL as a topic destination for a See Also Keyword. With the appropriate See Also Keyword selected, I click the New Keyword Topic icon. One of the available dropdown options for the Keyword Topic Destination is "Remote URLs." However, when that is selected, the "Link To" field at the bottom of the form is unavailable.

I also used the Find Topic feature to attempt a search for topics in a separate help project, and the only returns provided by RoboHelp were for topics that existed in the currently open project.

Is there some setup option or something I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, S_Reynolds

One option you would have at your beckon call would be to create simple redirect topics that point to the remote URLs. Then link those to the See Also keywords.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for your response (and your welcome to the community).

You'll have to bear with me - I'm relatively new when it comes to working with RoboHelp. Are there any available resources out there that illustrate the process of creating "redirect topics?" I was unable to find anything on this issue in RoboHelp's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you download Rick's tips and tricks file you'll find this and lots of other useful stuff inside. Just use a "redirection" index keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Colum and Rick. The Tips and Tricks package looks to be a great resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp