1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 11:03 AM by AnandSri

ocr recognition, this page contains renderable text

samm82407164

I have been using adobe acrobat with ocr recognition for years. recently I upgraded to a new PC with windows X and bought adobe acrobat XI. I frequently get an error message "Acrobat could not perform OCR because the page contains renderable text. Is this fixable without purchasing Acrobat Pro DC? If so, how? It used to work fine. Why not now?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Encore video forum to an Acrobat forum... Mod]

• 1. Re: ocr recognition, this page contains renderable text
          AnandSri Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Samm,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting the error message "Acrobat could not perform OCR because the page contains the renderable text" with Acrobat 11, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the suggestions from the following KB article Fix the OCR error Could Not Perform Recognition in Acrobat

Note: Acrobat 11 is already declared as End of support product, End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products). For detailed information, please refer to End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

1 person found this helpful