• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make my own Creative Profiles for LR Classic CC 7.3?

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to add new third party creative profiles from creators. I want to use LUT cube files to make my own new creative profiles in XMP format.

Is there a tutorial or other resource that provided information on how to make these?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An SDK will be made available at some time in the future. Unfortunately, I don't have a date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where on the Adobe website this SDK will be made available? This way I can check back in the future to find it.

I am pretty sure it has been released to certain developers as people like MattK already have profiles for sale!

The Adobe site is so large I often have a hard time locating resources that I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have no idea where, but will ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the comments section of an Adobe blog announcing the new release a Josh Haftel indicates that the SDK can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/go/profile-sdk. I have not looked at it or downloaded it so exercise the usual caution for unannounced products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for finding that Wolf. I already have the SDK, but wasn't clear whether it had been made public.

The tutorial is pretty easy to follow. However, 'Camera Raw' is required to make the profiles. Holding down the Option/Alt key whilst clicking on the Presets button exposes the the profile creation dialog.

Edit: screenshot added

Untitled-5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR in PS I hold option and click the presets button but do not get the Profiles dialog.2018-04-03_16-46-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're using 10.3, which was released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to OPTION click on the NEW PRESET icon at the bottom.

I should have read the tutorial PDF! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let  us know if that works for you. It will be helpful to know if profiles made with the DNG profile editor will still work and if you can add new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can still use the DNG Profile Editor to create DCP files and they will show in LR 7.3. At least the ones I made years ago for a Leica M8 are showing as long as I have a M8 file loaded in the Develop module.

I'm going to look at ACR and see what type of profile file it creates. To be honest I don't remember how I created the M8 profiles. But I think it was with ACR.

EDIT: NOTE:

ACR now creates XMP files when making a custom profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines