• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems adding text and numbers using "Add Text" tool

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello; if you have seen my question before please link me to that thread, as I was not able to find anything.

I am trying to add text using the Add Text Content Editing tool. When I click into any pdf page (blank or not) and begin to type, for example. "2018 summary," as soon as I type the "s" in "summary," the numbers jump to the end of the word/sentence, resulting in "summary 2018". I cannot figure this out for the life of me and it's really slowing me down. As a work around I am typing numbers and text into separate boxes but it's difficult lining them up properly. Has anyone else experienced this? What might be triggering the text to behave this way?

I am using Acrobat 11.0.20 on  Windows 7 Pro. Please let me know what other information you may need to help me troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello _Askario,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, when using the Add text tool from Edit tool, and while typing "2018 summary," as soon as you type the "s" in "summary," the numbers jump to the end of the word/sentence, resulting in "summary 2018", Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat 11 from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

Try repairing the Acrobat from help>repair installation(only for Windows), reboot the machine and try again.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat from the machine Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Restart and install Acrobat 11 back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Note: Acrobat 11 is already declared as an End of support product, so above suggestions may or may not work. End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

For detailed information, refer to End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines