2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 12:27 AM by WobertC

Cannot Import lrtemplate Dev Presets

WobertC Adobe Community Professional

Classic 7.3 converted my installed Dev Presets OK (although not alpha/numeric sorted, but that's another problem)

Now I want to Import Presets (.lrtemplate files) that were not installed at the time I updated to 7.3..

When I Right-click on a Preset folder and choose [Import], I get the Windows Explorer window, selecting a .lrtemplate file and clicking [Import] gives me the error-

ScreenShot027.jpg

Anyone else tried Importing 'old' Presets?

• 1. Re: Cannot Import lrtemplate Dev Presets
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think a number of developers who sell profiles or presets have had to re-write them as XMP for their clients. You can dig into the instruction. There is a link to the SDK if you wish to try creating your own artistic profiles. Click below to start downloading the zip file.

http://www.adobe.com/go/profile-sdk

• 2. Re: Cannot Import lrtemplate Dev Presets
            WobertC Adobe Community Professional

I also found another answer within another thread-

If you add presets to the original presets folder without the tilde it does appear to update those new presets when Lightroom is restarted, which is a good thing for legacy presets. They will still be out of order of course.

I tested and found:

Placing the Presets in a Folder within the 'old' Presets location will also update and show the folder with enclosed presets in v7.3

So adding a folder of .LRTEMPLATE presets here- C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets

when Lr is opened they automatically get converted as .XMP here- C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

Success, all my archived Presets are recoverable.

2 people found this helpful