5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2018 7:57 AM by cap7631801

Acrobat Window is cut off

Spaul531 Level 1

When I open up a PDF in Acrobat, the toolbar gets cut off and I can't minimize or close the window from the top. Is there any way to fix the issue?

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Acrobat Window is cut off
          AnandSri Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Spaul,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the top screen is cut off when you open a PDF, is that correct?

Please try updating the Acrobat from help>check for updates, and reboot the machine after installing the updates.

If it's not letting you click on Help, press "Alt" key from keyboard and then press letter "H" and use the Arrow keys to navigate to "Check for updates".

Try repairing the Acrobat once from help>repair installation(only for Windows), and reboot the machine. If it's not letting you click on Help, press "Alt" key from keyboard and then press letter "H" and use the Arrow keys to navigate to "Repair installation".

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

If you still face any issue, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Acrobat Window is cut off
            pst_marketing Level 1

I am also having this problem. It occurs when you open a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC and either maximize the window or it opens maximized. Here is what it looks like on my screen:

Capture.PNG

As you can see the top is cut off quite severely and only starts to occur when opening a PDF in Acrobat and maximizing window. All controls in the cut-off area are disabled including the minimize, maximize and close buttons in upper left corner. What makes matters even worse is that the cut-off effects ALL other program windows (i.e. word, chrome, firefox, etc.) that are maximized until you reboot the computer. This could be a bug in Acrobat or a problem with the graphics card driver or both. There is also a possibility it has to do with multiple screen setups. However the problem only starts when opening a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC and then infects all other programs that are maximized under the computer is rebooted.

Here is the relevant info:

Windows 10 64-bit Home Build 1803

Adobe Acrobat DC 18.11.20040.281318

Three monitor setup (Left: 1080p; Center: 1200p; Right: 1080p)

Nvidia 1050 Ti Driver 388.43

Intel Haswell Quad Core

8 GB RAM

Best regards,

Mark Little

• 3. Re: Acrobat Window is cut off
              pst_marketing Level 1

Looks like I fixed the problem by updating my Nvidia drivers to the latest. Still do not understand why the behavior only starts to occur when opening PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Acrobat Window is cut off
                AnandSri Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Pst_marketing,

Great! Good to hear that the issue got fixed and you are back on track. Acrobat has dependencies on the  graphics  driver to for the viewing preferences, and this is the reason, once you updated the graphics  card firmware, the issue got resolved.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

• 5. Re: Acrobat Window is cut off
                  cap7631801 Level 1

This problem remains unresolved on my system: Dell Optiplex 3020, Windows 10, dual SyncMaster monitors, Intel HD Graphics 4600, graphics drivers fully updated according to both Windows and Intel's own utility. Problem does not seem to affect Microsoft Office products, but cripples Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.