Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you take histogram settings from JPG and paste onto another JPG

Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the same RGB histogram from one image and paste onto the other. How would I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean by

use the same RGB histogram

?

Do you understand what a Histogram indicates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply want to copy the settings of this histogram, and paste it, onto another. is that possible?

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.57.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nacerpaul  wrote

I simply want to copy the settings of this histogram, and paste it, onto another. is that possible?

Maybe...but not using the histogram. The histogram only reports what it sees in the image, it doesn't affect anything. It's like a speedometer in a car: It doesn't change the car's speed, it only tells you how far it's going, and moving one car's speedometer reading to a second car does not make the second car go that fast.

To get what you want, try choosing Image > Adjustments > Match Color. It's designed to try and copy the appearance of another image. But it isn't perfect, so it might not work. More info:

Match colors: Match the color in different images  (Adobe Support)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings?

Once again: Do you understand what a Histogram indicates?

It's like a speedometer in a car: It doesn't change the car's speed, it only tells you how far it's going, and moving one car's speedometer reading to a second car does not make the second car go that fast.

Good comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't is spread out the pixels of the image, and the brightness value of an image?

so theres no way, i can get the Reds, Greens, Blues, ect... exactly the same onto another image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't do anything; it shows.

A statistical chart of children born doesn't affect the population.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so theres no way, i can get the Reds, Greens, Blues, ect... exactly the same onto another image?

It seems you don’t understand what the Histogram is – a representation of what is there (in an image, selected area, …), it is not a method of changing it.

That various Adjustment dialogs also display the Histogram might have confused the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k, so, color matching option would be my best bet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the actual target of this?

Why would you need the same number of pixels of specific R-, G- and B-values in two images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, because by mistake, i deleted the raw images that had the color settings already applied. only saved the JPGs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But check out this neat little party trick: an image that is its own histogram. How's that for meta-art:

histogramart_2.png

(an old classic. http://www.ironicsans.com/2007/10/reader_takes_histogram_idea_ev.html )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines