5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2018 9:27 AM by Ged Traynor

Display Driver Warning... but only for One User

GOM3RPLY3R

Hi everyone,

I get the warning message, "Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware."

This is a Dell Optiplex 9010. i7-3770, 8GB of Ram, and a Radeon 7470.

I tried logging into our admin account and got the same issue. I checked the back of the PC and noticed that the second monitor was plugged into the onboard graphics.

After putting it back on the 7470, for the admin account, it didn't throw the error. I tried logging into my personal account, and it worked great. However, the main user of this computer is having the same error and reports the display to appear "grainy" while the second one is off.

After some fiddling, I was able to update the driver with the one from Dell's site and the 7470 in Device Manager went from "Radeon 7000 series" to "Radeon 7470", so there is obviously a change with the driver. This seemed to work the same as before, but I couldn't test on her account yet since she wasn't around to log in.

I am heading over there in about 30 minutes to try and use other methods to solve the issue, including backing up her data and deleting her user profile, then asking for her to sign in again to create a new local profile.

Any thoughts? Is this something to do with the AppData where I may be able to simply overwrite her Photoshop AppData with a working one?

Thanks,

Kyle