• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assembly Line Image Embedding

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rather large project that I'm working on in Captivate 8. The project is made up of forty independent modules.

Each module has about 20-30 slides, and each slide has an image (already captured through Snagit and saved to a desktop file).

Basically, this is assembly-line work. Each Captivate slide requires one of the images from its respective desktop file. When I select an image (Captivate: Media > Image) from a file and populate the the Captivate slide, the image is populated at the size it was captured as.

All of the images that must be populated have the same x,y coordinates and the same height, width dimensions for all slides.

It is fairly simple to utilize the Object Style Manager to set up standard objects like text or buttons, but how can I do the same for images?

I want to (if it is possible) use the Object Style Manager, or some other function, to set up images that I populate to always populate at the same x,y coordinates and at the same height and width. Is this even possible to do in Captivate 8?

As it stands now, for each image that I migrate onto a Captivate slide, I have to go over to the Properties pane in Captivate and manually adjust each image to the desired x,y and height, width coordinates.

The Properties pane has the option of locking the size and position of images, but this is only after they have been manually resized.

Also, I'd like to set up the Constrain Proportions to be unchecked for all slides.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use a master slide with a placeholder that has the correct size and position?  Master slides, like object styles are part of the used theme. If you sae a custom theme, the master slide with the image placeholder is availabel in all your projects.

I would also import all images in the Library of a project and use that Library as external Library in each project instead of using always Media, Image... drag from the external library:

Internal and External Libraries - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well, I think. I'm trying to drag a number of images (all the same size) from the library to one slide and would like to "snap" them to the same x,y coordinate. The image placeholder doesn't seem to "grab" them in. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a vertical and a horizontal guide at those coordinates. Lock the guides, and turn snap to guide on.

The snapping point in Captivate is by default the top left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. However, this does not resolve my problem. The images continue to come in cascaded.

On Friday, December 14, 2018, 11:20:53 AM EST, Lilybiri <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Lilybiri in Adobe Captivate - View the full discussion

Use a vertical and a horizontal guide at those coordinates. Lock the guides, and turn snap to guide on.

The snapping point in Captivate is by default the top left corner.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10814389#10814389 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10814389#10814389

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Captivate by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? What do you mean by 'cascaded? Can you show a screensot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

On Monday, December 17, 2018, 2:28:48 PM EST, Lilybiri <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Lilybiri in Adobe Captivate - View the full discussion

??? What do you mean by 'cascaded? Can you show a screensot?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10819717#10819717 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10819717#10819717

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Captivate by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources