Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP CC 18 Crash on Startup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just updated to the latest version of PP 18 and it now crashes directly after the splash screen. I am unable to open projects or the program itself before it shuts down for an "unknown error".

Anyone else experiencing this?

Imac 5k 4ghz 17

32gb Ram

AMD Radeon R9 4096

Running High Sierra 10.13.4

Have tried uninstalling to previous versions, lets me open projects but the projects are corrupted.

Exact same setup on my MacBook pro works with the new version.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Having the same issue after running April update. When launching, I get the startup screen and then poof, gone. On MacBook Pro mid 2012 and Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clean install of Creative Cloud and the issue is still there. Fails to start past the first millisecond before crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solomons91182170  wrote

I did a clean install of Creative Cloud and the issue is still there. Fails to start past the first millisecond before crashing.

Ditto for me even after the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The issue is fixed in MAC OS in the latest version of Premiere Pro 12.1.1. Please update & test.

In Windows OS, if you are receiving the error: "THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0xc0000005). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION" and if the machine is configured with Intel chip set & Nvidia GPU, its a known issue with the Premiere Pro 12.1 version. The issue is under investigation.

The workarounds is to disable Nvidia card.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I did the latest update on my iMac and the issue still persists.

I am currently away from my main machine, so I won't be able to test again until late May, I am currently working on my laptop with no problems.

I updated PP as soon as the patch came out, and it made absolutely no difference. It still continued to crash before the splash screen.

I hope that this can be looked at again and I can be back to working on my main machine soon, as I have read I am not the only one.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Solomon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Solomon,

Thanks for letting us know the status. The update fixed the issue in most of the cases.

Please let us know if the issue persists in your main machine after testing.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I had the same issue after upgrading with the latest Premiere (and also with Media Encoder wouldn't launch). Following this topic ( Premiere Pro CC Version 12.1 (Latest Update) fails to launch

deleting the caches (actually I deleted the whole "~/Library/Caches/Adobe/" folder) did allow Premiere and Media Encoder to launch.

Hope it helps !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Seppia, you're right, deleting caches help to launch Premiere pro 12.1 .
I had the same issue on my macbook pro and now it's fixed. Well done!

I've seen the new cache folder name... 12.0! The new version use same directory 12.0 not 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, PP18CC 12.1 and MEnc fail to launch. I don't even get to the splash. Problem occurred after April update. Remove and re-install did not help at all.

Win7
Nvidia Quadro M2000M
Intel HD Graphics 530
16GB RAM

This is all I see 😞
PP18CC-Launch-Failure.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, except I don't even get a pop-up window. This combined with fonts being completely broken in AE... do they even test their updates any more!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to adobe support and they said it was a bug and to wait for a fix. They don't know when this will happen. Classic Adobe.

I tried the steps @seppia linked but they didn't work for me unfortunately.

Guess its back to working on my MBP with the exact same OS with premiere working... wait. What?

Hopefully there is a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, after downloading Premier Pro CC 2018 todayt. I did not even get the splash screen. I'm on a 64GB lap top running Windows 7 64-bit.

Here are the details of my crash:

Premiere Pro CC 2018 crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add that clearing the /Library/Caches/Adobe folder helped the crashes (PP CC 2018 12.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please follow the steps recommended in this article for Premiere Pro(12.1) and Media Encoder(12.1) launch issue: Application crashes during launch on mac OS

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

Thanks for that, this is not the correct answer and does not resolve the issue I (and others) are experiencing.

I have tried all of the mentioned actions and they all fail to change anything. Still crashing at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help me unfortunately.  I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.   Crash on startup with no startup screen.  i posted complete details of the crash above on this thread.  Have not seen a response from Adobe.   😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks - after more fiddling/investigation on my own, the following has allowed PP CC 2018 to start:

Go to nvidia control panel

Go to Manage 3D settings

Change Adobe Premier Pro to use 'Integrated Graphics' (rather than the Nvidia graphics).

My Nvidia card is the M600M (on Windows 64-bit).

Presumably this means I won't get the same level of acceleration, but at least it now runs.

Hopefully Adobe can look into this, and fix.  Again, the complete details of the crash when using the M600M are in my first post above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This procedure works for me. Thanks!

Premier Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder on a Win7 64bit system.

Go to nvidia control panel

Go to Manage 3D settings

Change Adobe Premier Pro to use 'Integrated Graphics' (rather than the Nvidia graphics).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue when I try to open any projects from previous builds. After I agree to the conversion and rename box the project closes out.

My current workaround is the old start a new project and import the previous project trick. Seems to be holding up for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ecrowley822,

It could be an issue with the project file conversion. Glad you are able to open the project using the workaround.

You can share your feedback to the product team related to this issue here: Premiere Pro: User Voice

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue also, I've tried rolling back, installing updates and clearing preferences etc but I still experience the problems and I'm up to date on all software.

the issue happens just like everyone else, I go to run either the After Effects, Media Encoder or Premier Pro applications, and they crash before I even get to the splash screen.

To reiterate - this is NOT a Premier Pro only issue.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell Precision 5510 with 32GB ram with Nvidea Quadro M1000M gpu.

I've been experiencing the issue for about 2-3 weeks now, it doesn't seem to effect any other Adobe software that I know of - I have no problems with Illustrator and Photoshop... but given I work with Video this is a pretty serious issue!

I look forward to a response an appropriate fix - many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lukem7098887,

According to the error message, the version of After Effects is 15.1.1. Please install 15.0 and check if the issue persists.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

Yes I have uninstalled 15.1.1 (removing app preferences) and reinstalled 15.0 and I still have a similar problem.

On first load:

Then on subsequent load attempts - having clicked 'Do Not Migrate' it loaded up fine...

Given I have this issue for Premier Pro and Media Encoder - do you suggest I do the same?

I need much later versions of the applications due to features being used in our build files - I presume you recommend I not try to update?

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines