Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Kyle Brushes work in CS6?

Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6. I installed Klye T Webster brushes this year but there is no pressure sensitivity or proper texture.

I downloaded CC 2018 trial to test the same brushes  and it looks great but they don't work the same on CS6.

Do those brushes not work on CS6? Are there any settings I have to change?

Please help.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise

This might be a function of your operating system and tablet driver rather than just Photoshop, but I am not entirely sure because of the timing of the different components.

Can you tell us what operating system you are using?

And what tablet?

Where did you source the brushes?  If you can give us a link, we can test.

Note, that Photoshop brush management changed with CC2018.  The biggest change is that Photoshop can now store tool presets along with brush presets, and show them in the brush menu.  Photoshop has always (well for a long time AFAIK) been able to use tool presets, but you had to access them via the Tool Presets panel (i.e. the Impasto brushes by John Derry and Kyle Webster).  I would think that the bottom line as far as CS6 goes, is do the brush sets have an ABR or TPL file format?  Both should work, but the TPL files are used differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trevor,

My Operating system is windows 8.1 and I use XP-Pen Star 05 Tablet.

I thought it was a tablet issue at first too but when I tested it out on Photoshop CC2018 Trial it worked great with the pressure sensitivity.

When I open the brush set on CS6 there is no pressure variation at all. even in the thumbnails.

I downloaded the brush set from the adobe products page:

Adobe Photoshop CC | Download exclusive brushes from Kyle T. Webster

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know about that tablet, but with Windows 8.1 it is worth trying to force the tablet to use the WinTab API (an API is a bis a bit of software that interfaces one thing with another — or so I am led to believe)

Check out the Tablet set up help link on the Overview tab of this forum.

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

Use Notepad to create a text file with the single line

UseSystemStylus 0

and save it as

PSUserConfig.txt

Here's where it gets tricky as the guide gives details for CC 2015, and you are going to need to work out the equivalent folder for CS6.  I think it should be obvious though.  

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt in the Photoshop settings folder: [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

Note, you will need to make Hidden Files viewable in order to see the App data folders

Give us a shout if you get stuck, and good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines