Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When saving as .pdf, "Include Paragraghs"

Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've set these, but did not include "Title".  But the setting seems to revert back in between saves...  Furthermore, is there some reason to use one or the other?  I find the font is at least different.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Hi Ben,

there are two levels where you can define which paragraphs go into the PDF bookmarks:

• The individual document
  • The book

The setting on book level overrides the document setting. Please try the following: Open the book file, select all files in the book and select > Format > Document > PDF Setup... from FrameMaker's main menu. Set the paragraphs to "Include Paragraphs" / "Don't Include" as needed, click "Set".

This sets the bookmarks for all files in the book in the same way and should remove a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using one of my own books, I could reproduce the "Title" behavior - once, but not twice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning, Ben.

I confess to not understanding your question. The "Include Paragraphs" list tells FrameMaker what to pull for the TOC—are you (and Lothar) saying that FrameMaker won't pull in paragraphs tagged as Title into the TOC? Is Title used just on the cover page, and ChapterTitles in the body of the book? Where does saving as a PDF come in?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

To clarify.

I am working on an existing book - making some slight changes (replacing a text value throughout).  I need to save as .pdf and when doing so, the Included Paragraphs has a paragraph whose tagged with "Title" and I am not sure why (TitleCover is assigned within the document to the TOC title ("Contents").  Not knowing why the "Title" paragraph is included, I moved it to the "Don't Include" list, save the document and all is well.  Then when I go to save the document again (as .pdf) the "Title" paragraph magically re-appears.  Is there some reason for this?  When I do a find in the book, the results point to the "Contents" paragraph, yet when I look at the tag assignment for this paragraph, it shows "TitleCover"

regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben,

there are two levels where you can define which paragraphs go into the PDF bookmarks:

• The individual document
  • The book

The setting on book level overrides the document setting. Please try the following: Open the book file, select all files in the book and select > Format > Document > PDF Setup... from FrameMaker's main menu. Set the paragraphs to "Include Paragraphs" / "Don't Include" as needed, click "Set".

This sets the bookmarks for all files in the book in the same way and should remove any "overrides" on book component level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines