Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors don't change when I convert files to CMYK

Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having trouble exporting files in the right colors. So initially, every time I converted a file to cmyk, all the whites looked yellowish and there was generally a lot of distortion in the colors. I know colors tend to change when converted to cmyk but that was not the case, they looked exactly the same on a printed paper. I looked a little bit and found out that I probably have done something with my colour profile and the best solution was to delete the preference file "Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Prefs" from the library folder associated with photoshop. That helped to get rid of the yellow tints and the distortions in the colors. However, when I convert RGB files to CMYK its like nothing changes and when the file is printed the colors look saturated, as if I printed an rgb file. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? The same issue appears in other apps, like InDesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear, the colors aren't supposed to change. If they do, it's because you have gamut clipping, and some saturated colors can't be reproduced in the target color space.

But aside from that, you won't see a thing. That's the whole purpose of icc profiles, profile conversions and color management in general.

If you see a general color shift, something's very wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines