• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blurring a conductor's baton or a magic want

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make a blurred baton and get the same effect as photographing it @ 1/4 second ... is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could make the baton from a 3D extrusion (I used 2 extrusions - one for the handle and one for the baton then combined the 3D layers and rendered).

Then make a copy of the render in a smart object and apply a radial blur filter to that copy. Finally rotating the blurred copy  so it appears to "follow" the baton.

I also added an extra layer to darken the baton handle slightly on the blurred copy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah - things I’ve never done - your link, by the way, leads to a “page not found” on two browsers

ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My link ? - I didn't include a link.

I pasted in a screenshot which should be visible in any browser (I've just checked it in two)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot works here in Safari on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah - I see it - there is a link in your email, but I can see the pic now - I’ll try that - it’s what I’m trying to do.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it a try and shout out if you get stuck at any point, or need any more detail.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was thinking about this Dave, and thought the baton might move quite a way in q quarter of a second, so I downloaded a video to look at in Premiere Pro.  This is a single frame (25th of a second)

And this is six frames (¼ second).  Quite surprising how far that baton moves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines