• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create New Preset Folder Not Working

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues creating new preset folders? When I am in Develop and I click Develop > New Preset Folder ...Enter in my folder name and then click Create, nothing happens. I'm trying to import new presets but they are all just going under "User Presets"

Anyone know how to fix this? THanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

This function apparently is not yet working in the 7.3 (maybe in 7.4)

1)  But if you create a new Preset (could contain anything or nothing), and in the dialog you enter a Group for the preset, you can create the new Group here as the 'dummy' preset is created, then later move presets to the new Group (folder).

2)  I also found that if I create a new folder in Windows Explorer in the 'old' presets location, {C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets}, add a .lrtemplate preset

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This function apparently is not yet working in the 7.3 (maybe in 7.4)

1)  But if you create a new Preset (could contain anything or nothing), and in the dialog you enter a Group for the preset, you can create the new Group here as the 'dummy' preset is created, then later move presets to the new Group (folder).

2)  I also found that if I create a new folder in Windows Explorer in the 'old' presets location, {C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets}, add a .lrtemplate preset to it, then restart Lightroom, it converts this new folder and preset into the new folder location that 7.3 is using.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to do it in a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method is the same for PC or Mac.

1. Click the + on the Preset panel header

ScreenShot015.jpg

2. Type a name for a new Preset Name:  (anything)

3. Click the "Group:" box for the drop-down menu and select [New Group...]

ScreenShot005.jpg

4. Type a name for the Group 'folder'

5. Click [Create]

Done.

Note: you can drag and drop presets from one Group to another, but if a Group 'folder' is emptied (by moving presets out, or deleting them) the Group 'Folder' will also delete.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Finally worked - what a hassle.  You would think they could also figure out a way to move multiple presets at a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure out how to move multiple presets over?

Importing them one by one is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure out how to move multiple presets over? Importing them one by one is not a solution.

By "move multiple presets over", do you mean moving them from another computer to another?  Or moving them from a previous version of LR?  There are efficient solutions for both...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply to your post in the other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw your post and replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the same thing - I have a mac laptop and cannot or the life of me figure this out - have worked on it for a LONG time.  shouldn't be this difficult.   so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am on Lightroom 9.1.

Regarding your point 2) do you know what could be the reason why the conversion from .Iretemplate to xmp does not work? I do it exactly as you describe but Lightroom does not do the automatic refresh. It was working before but something changed. Please also see my question here https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-9-1-presets-don-t-update-from-ire...

Thanks for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just embarrassing and frustrating. Hey Adobe, does anyone actually TEST this software?  So many simple but critical bugs and it's not a beta release lol.

And we are paying for this software, guys.

Adding unnecessary features, destroying features and functions that we rely on, making it extremely difficult to do what the software was intended for... to speed up your organization AND editing of large numbers of photos.

I still can't get over how slow the software is compared to older versions and Adobe doesn't seem to care .

Adobe is extremely out of touch with it's core users and what they need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still is not fixed in Lightroom Classic 8.0.  This is insane moving one preset at at time.  I have hundreds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you install the {Fix Presets} plugin from johnrellis​

It can help bring order from chaos.

Fix Presets Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I added the presets on this location:

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\User Presets

And it worked.

Inkedwhere to store Lightroom presets_LI.jpg

Inkedinside Developer Presets_LI.jpg

This is for PC in Windows 10.

I hope will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines