4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2018 1:15 AM by MaxLevelAdventures

I can't modify photos in the Grid

MaxLevelAdventures Level 1

I've had this issue for a long time and never found the answer: I cannot modify a single or group of selected photos in the grid.

Attempting to apply filters, deleting one or multiple photos will do nothing, unless I have a photo selected in the filmstrip. In that case, the desired action is applied only to the most selected photo in the filmstrip--even if that photo isn't selected in the grid. And it won't apply to any of the other photos in the group selection.

For example: I have selected several photos I want to delete in the grid. I press delete (with nothing selected in the filmstrip). Nothing happens. I hit x to flag them. Nothing happens. If I go to Photo and try to set a filter, all options are greyed out.

Another example: If I select multiple photos in the filmstrip and press delete, it will delete only the most selected photo in the filmstrip. If I go to Photo and set a filter to the selections, it will only apply to the most selected photo in the film strip. However, if I right-click the selection of photos and apply the filter, it will apply to the entire filmstrip selection. This has been my temporary workaround.

I can use the painter to apply filters one-by-one in the grid, but that's tedious and and completely unrealistic for large batches. I've searched online and dug through the settings. I can't find anyone else with this issue or any way to resolve it.

All I want to be able to do is selected one or multiple photos in the Library Grid, and delete them, or flag them. The only way I can do this now is by selecting them in the film strip, right-clicking to apply the filter. If I want to delete multiple photos at once, the only way to do it is to do it one at a time, or painstakingly scroll through the filmstrip, selecting photos with shift and control, right-clicking to mark as rejected in the filmstrip, then Photo> Delete Rejected Photos...

I've seen videos of people doing exactly what I'm unable to do, so I know it's possible.

I always keep my software up to date. I'm running on Windows 10 with 12GB RAM and an i7 Quad-Core 2.67GHz

It isn't the end of the world if I can't figure it out. I've dealt with it for a few years now, but I would appreciate it very much if someone knows how to fix this. It's probably something embarrassingly easy.