• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting 1 Frame of a captured video

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a 2 minute video clip, I want to export 1 single frame as a RAW, JPG, or PNG (I DONT CARE) how the heck to do you do this. I see the capture frame option which i have done 50 damn times already and the only thing that happens is some counter increasing but that does do me a damn bit of good if I can't get at the image.

So how do you do this???

Here is a screen shot of the counter -> http://prntscr.com/j2hvod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne,

Use the play head to scrub through the video > select the frame > select capture frame in the pull down menu to the left of the gear icon > select capture frame > go back to grid view and you should see the frame with a .jpg extension. You can edit and export as you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also consider-

Lightroom stacks the capture frame with the video clip (indicated by the number on the thumbnail). To view the capture frame, expand the stack in the Grid view of the Library module. Be sure you are not viewing Previous Import in the Catalog panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys it appears that after I capture the image it didn’t reappear in my library although I found 10 copies of it in the directory were the raw files are kept

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wayne,

You must be looking at thumbnails in the Library Grid View ., and NOT on the filmstrip to be able to expand the stack by clicking on the 'number'. Then you see all the 'captured' images. Expanding a Stack does not work from the Filmstrip.

ScreenShot051.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears that after I capture the image it didn’t reappear in my library although I found 10 copies of it in the directory were the raw files are kept

See this section of the help for how to view the frame:

How to work with video in Lightroom Classic CC

• Note: Lightroom Classic CC stacks the capture frame with the video clip. The stack is only visible when viewing All Photographs or the folder containing the clip. If you captured the frame while in a collection, the frame will be added to the collection but the stack will only be visible when in All Photographs or the containing folder. Neither the frame nor the stack will be visible when viewing smart collections, published collections, Quick Collection, Previous Import, or other built-in collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I have 3 images in a stack. If I unstack they do not appear as separate images. Only if I go back and import again are they seen and that requires me to do this each time. Is there something preventing the unstack images appearing adjacent each other when I unstack without the need to re-import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did see the same problem but only on the first occassion that I captured a still from a video! (Maybe a bug?)

On the second try it was successful! I could even expand the stack on the Film-strip (ass in my screen-clips).

2023-03-31 11_42_07-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg Expand > 2023-03-31 11_45_20-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

After capturing a 'Still' go into Grid view and you may find that the JPG is in the catalog, and does not need to be imported.

And then there is the 'Universal Panacea' for quirky problems - PREFERENCES RESET 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines