• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 Crashes When Preferences Opened

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac running macos High Sierra 10.13.4 and Lightroom 5.7.1.  When I open the preferences Lightroom crashes immediately.

Is there anyway around this?

I'm guessing that Lightroom 5.7.1 is not going to be fixed anymore so I should not expect a fix, correct?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the problem is due to High Sierra, and you might want to try rolling back your operating system to Sierra to see if the problem goes away. Alternatively, you could purchase Lightroom 6 and update to 6.14 (which will itself never be updated) or subscribe to Lightroom Classic CC (which will be updated on a somewhat regular basis).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

It is possible that the problem is due to High Sierra, and you might want to try rolling back your operating system to Sierra to see if the problem goes away. Alternatively, you could purchase Lightroom 6 and update to 6.14 (which will itself never be updated) or subscribe to Lightroom Classic CC (which will be updated on a somewhat regular basis).

Thank you for your reply.  I cannot roll back my OS as that is the one native to this machine. 

I did not know you could still buy Lightroom 6.  That is probably my best option, IF it is OK with macOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

6.14 runs fine on High Sierra. As I said, there will be no further updates to 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines