• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Offline after update

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update, some of the media is offline, for some reason, although all the files remain the same place. But more interesting that after 'Link the media' some of the video files are detected as audio

Not to mention, I have to relink files one by one, 'cause now Premiere doesn't see files in the same folder.

Macbook Pro Retina (2012); OSX El Capitan; NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1Gb;  8Gb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem I believe it's a codec issue. If you transcode your footage that's marked as offline to a codec that Premiere supports, you should be able to relink to the new footage, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem with GoPro mp4 files and Nikon MOV (H.264) files.  I haven't seen it on projects shot on AVCHD or Sony's XAVC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issues - some media are missing some not. If I try to relink it only finds the specific one.

I downgraded back to earlier version - now I am having glitches in my footage - as users have mentioned before.

even backed into exported video.

Premiere has become useless.

Hallo adobe is there anybody listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened again today to a project I was working on last week.  Some but not all media offline and cannot be relinked.  This is as unbelievable and unacceptable as the "deleted media debacle" last year.  Why isn't someone from support getting back to us?  Screen grabs below.

Bin Issue.jpgBin Issue 2.jpgBin Issue 3.jpgTimeline Issue.jpgRelink Issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update of PPro does not work with XDCam - only the audio is available. Same issue with AME!  Roll back to version 12.0.0 or 12.0.1 to make these files work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support got back to me directly and it seems, at least in my case to be a cache issue.  I was instructed to quit the program, empty the cache, and then reopen.  That did it, all except for one file out of about 160.  I was instructed to change the file's name and relink.  That worked too.  Finally they asked me to open the project on another computer.  I copied the media to a portable drive and opened the project on my laptop.  No issues there.  Thanks to the folks at Adobe Support for their swift assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue. Getting this message when trying to relink.

Some footage is fine and some is offline.

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 3.30.04 PM.png

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my 4/24/18 post?  Seems to be a Cache related issue.  Adobe Support advised me to exit the program and empty the cache folders.  This fixed the problem for me with the exception of one file (out of 160).  For that file they advised me to rename the source file and that fixed that as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read that but haven’t tried that yet. I will and see if it works.

How would I do this outside of the way in premier

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 3:40 PM leebergtally <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that and it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the issue but I had to roll back to a previous version of Premiere.

All my media is now back online.

This is something that Adobe should resolve asap in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Wasn't a problem since I hadn't cut any footage yet, so I just reimported the unconnected clips and deleted the question marks that would turn into audio files if I replaced or relinked them. Very annoying. I couldn't imagine if I had been near final on a piece and this garbage happened. I'd switch back to Final Cut. haha. Or maybe it's time to give Avid a whirl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

viltorm,

Are these QuickTime files? If so, it's because of this: Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Transcode the files in an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue likely is that the latest version of PPro may not be completely compatible with MAC OS 10.11   There was such an overhaul with High Sierra that the install of that OS total wipes and reformats the hard drive.  This issue is known to be the issue in my case according to a direct response from an Adobe engineer.  I believe other issues are a result of the same combination of these specific specs.  Clearing the cache has helped some but was not helpful in my case, again, verified by Adobe Engineer tech support.  I do not like it but i cannot fix it.  Many hours have been spent starting over with several projects after rolling back.  The issues are not at all consistent ... some projects do work without issues.  Also, projects cannot roll back along with the PPro versions (as they do with Avid) - I am now laughing at our situation because i was told to switch from Avid to PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This issue seems to affect OS X El Capitan users. Upgrading the OS should fix the problem.

If there is a specific reason for you to not upgrade the OS, please let us know. We will check if there are any other workarounds.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a major client that has edited for years in FCP 7 - They revisit and update those commercial spots every couple of months. We nor the client can afford to move, rebuild or conform those many, many projects and spots to PPro.  FCP 7 will not work on the latest OS, High Sierra.  It works on El Capitan.  It may work on Sierra but we do not have that install file to try.  We believe it would since that OS was not major enough to reformat the hard drive.  Anyway, until this client leaves us, they are a big source of income for us and our hands are tied. 🙂  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FCP7 doesn't work on Sierra, we found that out the hard way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you guys need a second, newer rig, RickE B. I believe you've reached the proverbial tipping point.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2008 Mac Pro can’t update past El Capitan and I’m concerned about more issues with future updates. Luckily for me my Son-in-law is selling his late 2013 IMac 3.5 quad so I’m buying that. I can say farewell to FCP 7 but before doing so I’ll export some projeCT’s as XML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem the past few weeks on multiple editing projects. We have cleared the caches and restarted, which seemed to work initially but the problem keeps recurring. Sometimes twice a day, which makes it VERY cumbersome.

This project involves editing vlogs made with a camera that records mp4 (h264) which PP seemed to handle just fine for the last few years. But somehow it doesn't anymore. We have transcoded the material to quicktime prores which at least seems a workaround. But we hate having to transcode AND use more diskspace.

Is there another fix by now? A new update coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I bump this topic a little? We are stills having this problem. It's UNACCEPTABLE in a professional environment using professional equipment and software. I have clients coming over to review edits and then suddenly everything is offline and the only way to get it up and running again is deleting all caches, restarting and then waiting an hour to get everything generated again.

And the next day it's the same story. I hate this. Where is the fix?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines