Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop export multi-layered animation to AF

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I created a handrawn animation in PS, each elements are animated individualy and placed into separated video folders.

I can 't figure how to export them to After Effect and keep the timming of each individual video folder and to keep at the same time their respective transparency.

Also in my timeline I have some blank spaces as not all the elements involved in the animation appear at the same time.

What ever the solution I use to export my files in photoshop (layer by layer while hiding folders

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad news for you: You have wasted your time even setting this up so elaborately. AE doesn't recognize video layers in PSDs nor folder/ group hirarchies in this context. All you can do is export separate sequences in PS and import them into AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Mylenium ,

I still need to have separate elements as they will treated in AE with different effects...

So what do you think is the best to keep at least the timing of the animation (and so the alpha channel ) : export to png sequence ? then to import in AE the sequence and distribute it with the layer assistant ?

Better option(s) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines