5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2008 10:45 AM by Peter Grainge

Duplicate topics created in printed .doc

AcolinFlood
      each chapter (book) is replicated, first one that is numbered, and then another without TOC numbering

plus the last two chapters are missing

the glossary prints here but does not show in the Help file
        • 1. Re: Duplicate topics created in printed .doc
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Perhaps you have the topic linked to the book and then included in its own right. If so, you are effectively telling the layout you want it in twice.

Have you ticked the check box for the glossary when generating the online help?

• 2. Duplicate topics created in printed .doc
            AcolinFlood Level 1
            that was probably it

don't see a check box in the properties dialog for HTML Help, is there another place where it might be?

the field to select the Glossary is blank...

only found one manaul page break in .doc
            • 3. Re: Duplicate topics created in printed .doc
              If you right click a book, you can see whether or not a topic is linked. If it is, remove the link.

If the tick box is blank, you won't get a glossary.

• 4. Duplicate topics created in printed .doc
                AcolinFlood Level 1
                When I right click a book in the TOC, I can see that a file is associated with the chapter in its Properties, but it is not a file included again in the chapter.

During compilation, I do see two Processing '11 - About xx'... statements after each Building '11 - xx'... statements

In my b]Print Document Content - Printed Document  dialog, the Chapter Layout pane shows two of every topic, I can re-order them, but can’t remove them.

When I right click a book in the TOC, I can see that a file is associated with it in the Properties, but it is not a file included again in the chapter. During compilation, I do see two Processing '11 - About xx'... statements after each Building '11 - xx'... statements

In my Print Document Content - Printed Document properties, the Chapter Layout shows two of every topic, I can re-order them, but can’t remove them…

The RoboHelp Help file may have actually helped – the first time! Its notes said all Word documents must be closed, and to remove all (<<) and then add all (>>). That cleaned up the duplicates.

• 5. Re: Duplicate topics created in printed .doc
                  Send me some screenshots and explain what you are seeing and what you expect to see. Send via my site and include a link to this thread.