• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did Adobe take down my Business Catalyst website AGAIN after saying they would keep it up through March 2020?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In March, Adobe disabled my simple Muse website -- a simple client survey hosted on Business Catalyst -- without advance notice. I was unable to log in. After contacting support, the site was reactivated and I was told that could keep it online through March 2020. Fast forward a few weeks and they have taken the site down again without advance notice. I've been a loyal Adobe customer for decades, and am shocked at their handling of the Muse and Business Catalyst products. It's been an hour now since I contacted Adobe for more info...and no reply. If I do get a reply, I'm not sure if I should believe it, based on what they told me a few weeks ago, which turned out to not be true.

From April 7, 2018:

Greetings Catherine,

Your Business Catalyst trial site*********.businesscatalyst.com has been disabled.

Our records show that your site has been inactive for 58 days and therefore the access to the site's admin section and the site's front-end have been disabled leaving only the extend expiry page active.

Should you still need the site but you're not ready to upgrade yet, the extend expiry page displayed after the admin login screen allows you to re-enable the site and further extend trial by 30 days:

If your free site is not either extended or upgraded, it will be deleted in 30 days.

Should you have any questions regarding this email or need further assistance do not hesitate to contact our support team.

Thank you,

The Adobe Business Catalyst team

Carolyn Frost (Adobe Business Catalyst Support)

Mar 20, 12:06 EET

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your case has been escalated to me in the Business Catalyst accounts team.

Starting with the 30-th of April 2015, the free Business Catalyst websites are no longer included with the Creative Cloud subscription. Because of this offering being retired, any update to the Creative Cloud subscription made after April the 30-th leads to the loss of the free sites offered with the CC subscription (see the announcement here: https://docs.worldsecuresystems.com/creative-cloud/how-to-redeem-your-free-creative-cloud-sites )

As an exception however, we have decided to mark this website in our database so it remains on the former Creative Cloud subscription as it did before.

At the moment the site’s front-end and Admin console should be up and running.

Kind regards,
Carolyn

Message was edited by: Catherine Ridley. I removed the website address from my post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Hi Catherine,

I see that your case is now solved, as the sites have been marked as Creative Cloud sites by our support agents.

However, prior to that the site was a trial site with no activity and therefore was disabled. BC trial sites expire after 30 days of inactivity and are later deleted if not recovered. The policy is in place for 6 years now, but has only been enforced earlier this year in preparation for upcoming privacy laws updates.

Also, the previous case was related to a different site,

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two hours now...still no reply from Adobe support regarding disabling my Business Catalyst website that a few weeks ago they said would be online through March 2020. Just got an email from a client attempting to use the website to take a survey, saying the the website didn't work -- how embarrassing. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it a paid or Muse 1 of 5 free sites?

The emails suggest it was a trial site and if you fail to use/login in to them they become disabled and then eventually get deleted after not being used for some time.

A recent sweep where this happens occurred recently (Seperate to the BC and muse announcements), if you feel your site should not have been in that sweep you will just need to wait for Adobe to get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Catherine,

I see that your case is now solved, as the sites have been marked as Creative Cloud sites by our support agents.

However, prior to that the site was a trial site with no activity and therefore was disabled. BC trial sites expire after 30 days of inactivity and are later deleted if not recovered. The policy is in place for 6 years now, but has only been enforced earlier this year in preparation for upcoming privacy laws updates.

Also, the previous case was related to a different site, so there is no connection between the two, other than the fact they are on the same platform.

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines