1 person found this helpful
As per the description above, you are not able to open PDF files with Acrobat as they are opening with Windows Explorer, Is that correct?
Your system may not be set up to automatically open PDFs from the desktop with Acrobat. Here's how to set it up:
- Right-click the PDF, choose Open With > Choose default program (or Choose another app for Windows 10).
- Choose Adobe Acrobat in the list of programs, and then do one of the following:
- (Windows 7 and earlier) Select Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
- (Windows 8) Select Use this app for all .pdf files.
- (Windows 10) Select Always use this app to open .pdf files.
- Click OK.
You can also refer to Can't open PDF
Note: Acrobat 9 is already declared as an End of support product, End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distribute runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).
For detailed information, refer to End of support | Reader 9 and Acrobat 9 (and earlier)
Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.
Thank you Anand.