2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2008 6:36 AM by Newsgroup_User

chart axis labels unreadable

Cr99 Level 1
      How do I control the chart label font size to keep it from becoming unreasonable? I have a ColumnChart with 2 or 3 dozen columns and when I let flex autosize them, the labels become unreadable. I don't want to force the font to a certain size if possible, but just keep it from going microscopic. The labels are also very long so they had to be rotated vertically. Here is the relevant code:

• 1. Re: chart axis labels unreadable
          Rob Rusher
          You could increase the space available for the chart or the padding around the chart.
          You could put the label on the column or in the data tip.
          There are a number of things you could do, just pick one.
          • 2. Re: chart axis labels unreadable
            Level 7

"Cr99" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g8kbff$mjj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > How do I control the chart label font size to keep it from becoming
            > unreasonable? I have a ColumnChart with 2 or 3 dozen columns and when I
            > let
            > flex autosize them, the labels become unreadable. I don't want to force
            > the
            > font to a certain size if possible, but just keep it from going
            > microscopic.
            > The labels are also very long so they had to be rotated vertically. Here
            > is
            > the relevant code:

Have you looked at this example:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=charts_formatting_02.html

The labels are not rotated, but it looks like they're picking up the styles
            just fine. You may find that you can avoid the need to embed the font by
            setting the blendMode on the labels, but that will probably require
            extending ChartLabel. However, it might help if the rotation is interfering
            with the styling.

HTH;

Amy