• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of my work from an "older" file is gone with the new update.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the recent update for Premiere, I can no longer open up my older files.

Just last week I made a new file. After I updated the program, my file had to be converted since it was an "older" version but when it did all of my work and imported files were gone. No sequences or anything. It was like all of my work was for nothing.

Here's the image I get once the program finally loads:

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 1.39.35 PM.png

Does ANYONE have a solution for this? I'm getting sick and tired of Premiere because it was once a fantastic tool but now I'm running into far too many problems with the program. If I can't open up older files a ton of my unfinished work is permanently gone now and I have to start from scratch. I hope to GOD that this is a bug in the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi adamf,

Sorry for your issue!

What kind of a computer do you have? Which OS?

when it did all of my work and imported files were gone. No sequences or anything. It was like all of my work was for nothing.

This is unexpected behavior. Could you please post a screenshot of your Premiere Pro workspace?

Additionally, try this:

In the Convert Project dialog, change either the Location or the Name of the file manually and check if that restores the content of your project.

If I can't open up older files a ton of my unfinished work is permanently gone now

Your work isn't gone. The original project file won't be modified until you rename the new file name to the old file name. I can see from the screenshot that the new name of your project file is 2018 Reel1. Premiere Pro would suffix the number 1 by default so that your original file isn't modified.

If for some reason, it still doesn't work, you can reinstall Premiere Pro CC 12.0.1 and continue working on your original project file.

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines