• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Totally Confused! Help choosing/migrating please

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First history-----  A while ago I purchased a  Win 7 computer with LR 2015.8 installed on the c: drive.  I then added a bunch of presets, brushes, etc.  I have a few terabytes of pictures on a seperate D: drive in one catalog.

Present---- Upgrading to a new (Win 10) computer.  Downloaded a trial version of LR, I plan on purchasing the photographers plan.

- The LR I downloaded is version 1.3.   Should I have somehow found version 2015.8?

- What is the best way to add all my presets/brushes?

- Big question - How do I get the other thousands of pictures into this version of LR?  They are all on a single 4tb disk that I plan on installing in the new computer, with  the same drfive letter as it was in the old computer.

So in essence I have a new computer running win 10 instead of 7, I need to download/install/purchase LR for it, compatible with 2015.8 I am ujsing.  I have all my pictures on  a D: drive ready to install.

Do I just add the D: drive and double click the catalog?

Sorry for thr newbie questions, I am confused!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

>Is there anything else I should move?

You should move the catalog file from your old computer as well as connect the d: drive. If the catalog is on your D: drive than all you need to do is move your presets to the new computer, hook up the D: drive and double click the catalog file which should open Lightroom Classic and should start an upgrade of the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I figured part of this out.  I uninstalled LR C C  and installed LR classic, now it looks familiar.  I then copied my 'develop presets' folder from the old to new computer.

Is there anything else I should move?

Then should I install the drive with all the pictures on it and try to start the catalog?

Or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is there anything else I should move?

You should move the catalog file from your old computer as well as connect the d: drive. If the catalog is on your D: drive than all you need to do is move your presets to the new computer, hook up the D: drive and double click the catalog file which should open Lightroom Classic and should start an upgrade of the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That's what I was hoping the answer was.

Once I realized my mistake of loading LR CC instead of Classic I re-opened this thread on the classic side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are far from the first one to make that mistake. The naming of the new version and the new cloud app is extremely confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is, I have to say pretty stupid of Adobe.  My husband was a software developer, he doesn't understand at all why they have 2 totally different looking packages doing the same thing too, they could have been combined and saved Adobe future support costs.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now really confused.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What specifically are you confused about? What do you want help with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines