• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current LR version ruined performance on high-end rig.

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had problems with slow LR since last update. Tried everything between reinstalling software and Windows, but no luck at all. Am I the only one to notice this? This is crazy, not even worst example of how bad it works.. This is difference between two clean installs of LR and computer.. I also have problems in Photoshop under Liquify with last update, so I guess LR is not the only problem..

First video, the last working version of LR, I do believe it is 7.2. Working great.

LR video 5 previous version - YouTube

Latest version of LR.. This is actually not the worst case example... Excuse the talking, had to show a friend how bad this is...

LR video 6 - YouTube

More examples:

LR 3 Standard lagg    - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=_XZSugNdV2M

Computer:

AMD Threadripper 1920x 4.5 GHz 12 cores

32 GB 3200MHz RAM

nVidia 1080 Ti Strix OC

Samsung 960 Pro NVMe

etc..

I don't have issues in other applications.

I work with computers on daily basis, and I can't see any other possible reasons than bug or Adobe broke OpenGL/OpenCL support for high-end nVidia cards. Performance is just the same if I deactivate GPU acceleration, this tells me GPU is not helping at all in last version..

Excuse my rusty English.

Aleksander

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-install Lightroom Classic CC version 7.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did dj_paige
LR video 7 - YouTube

Yes, it works again like it did before in first video. I already know last version is making my LR slow, I'm just wondering if it's only me and/or if there's a fix for this. I like rest of the last update. I don't think I've seen a lot of people complaining about the last update either, and my friends using PC\laptops with nVidia card and MAC is not complaining about this, but they have older computers..

I tried Quadro 2000, still laggy after update. I tried P600, laggy after update. Tried a old AMD card which lagged before and after, but just a bit more after updating, not as much as nVidia did.

So fustrating..

Aleksander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Lightroom 7.1 seem to be even more snappier than 7.2 over here.. Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ops, messed up last link in first post.

LR 1 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're really sorry for all the trouble caused you. We have identified this issue as a bug and our engineering team investigating a fix. Please add your vote to the below feedback link.

Lightroom Classic 7.3: Slow switching from Library to develop, zooming in, using brushes | Photoshop...

For now, rolling back Lightroom to 7.2 version is the only workaround available.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but how can I roll back to 7.2. I have been told to go to the Adobe CC icon at the top of my Mac, and select the menu option that gives me a choice of earlier versions, but when I do this I do not get that option. Maybe it is because I chose not to keep the earlier version last time I upgraded.

Is there a download link that would skip having to use the Adobe CC menu at the top of the screen which does not give me the option to roll back?

I am using an older mac (mid-2011) and it was working VERY WELL with version 7.2. Version 7.3 is at times unusable.

Any idea how long before the bug might be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the Adobe CC Icon at the top of your Mac

You have to launch the Adobe Creative Cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told to go to the Adobe CC icon at the top of my Mac, and select the menu option that gives me a choice of earlier versions

Open the CC Desktop app, and click on the arrow next to Lightroom, then click Other versions, which will let you choose version 7.2.

Other-versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I eventually got it to work, first uninstalling a version of Lightroom CC (2015) as well as Classic CC 7.3. Then I found it was only giving me the option to "Buy", so I logged into Adobe again and it turned out I was using a different ID (no idea how that happened) and when I did this, I got the options you showed above.

If I now update and opt to keep 7.2, will that mean I can always go to the CC desktop app and choose which version I want to run? Could I then import stuff into the catalog with 7.3, using the new profiles, which are good, and then exit and reopen the same catalog to carry on working in 7.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved in 7.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it only solved a bit, not all. Problems with DeHaze among other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the problem with dehaze?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I touch it, the lagg is back. Doesnt matter if I use it withinin adjustment gradient/brush or general adjustments. And it looks like it doesnt matter how much I apply before lagg begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines