• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Not Working with High Sierra iOS

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really struggling with Adobe working properly. My computer updated last week, and now Adobe wont' open unless I view PDF's with Preview first. AND, the Tools available with Pro (like combining files) aren't working either. These components and tools are very important to my job. any help on getting the full function of Adobe back would be most appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

I've heard of this happening. Try opening a PDF. Look on the Window menu. Does the name show there? If so, use Window > Tile > Horizontal. For many people this leaps into view and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let's see. I assume your computer is a Mac (running Mac OS), not an iPad (running iOS, which is a non-starter). So, you say the tools are not workin properly. Please start the App and read the "app name" shown on the menu bar - just after the apple icon and before "File". What is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro

And yes, I apologize. It is a Mac computer, not mobile device. Can you tell I am not a tech person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so far so good. Please pick one of the tools you want to use, and tell us what exactly happens when you try and use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combine file.

When I click it nothing happens, but there is a "flicker" on my screen.

I right click the app icon on my dock and choose "Show all screens." A window I cannot see is outlined in green, and when I click on it, it just brings all app windows back to the front. It is like the window for combining files is open, but I cannot see it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melanieboss,

Sorry for the delay in response. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Try launching Acrobat, Click on Help>Check for updates. Check if there are any pending updates and if there any try installing.

Once that is done, please restart the machine once before you try again. 

If the issue persists, let us know the version of Acrobat installed on your machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC  And how about the other functions like Create PDF or Export PDF etc...

If you already have found a solution to this problem, please update this discussion with your findings.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still dealing with this issue.

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro, Classic version 2015.006.30417.

It says that everything is up to date when I check for updates.

I can only use it to open PDF to view (IF I have first opened up at least one PDF using Preview BEFORE I try viewing any PDF's with Adboe)-all other tools (merging files, organizing pages, etc) are all not working because I cannot see the additional screen that generally opens up to select the files. I can't see PDF's I open with Adobe until AFTER I have opened up a pdf to view using Preview (a Mac App).

It is very frustrating that I cannot use the full functionality of the program I pay for monthly/annually to use. This has been an issue for about 6 -8 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pay for a subscription you are best not running the Classic version, which is frozen in the past. That is the product for people who paid for a permanent license, some time ago. You should use the Continuous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to do i change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get that in the first place? It isn't something to change exactly; you'd need to very carefully uninstall your old Classic software, then download and install the new Continuous software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to reinstall it is asking for a serial number, but I NEVER received a serial number when I purchased the subscription 3 years ago. How do I figure that out to be able to reinstall it? it is not in my account information online...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, there is no serial number. It sounds as if you are trying to reinstall the Classic version again, which will ask for a serial number (though it seems that for some people it picks up the subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I am needing some clear direction on where to go to reinstall it? Obviously I am not going to the correct place to down load the software in order to re-install it as the continuous and not the classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find the correct download for the subscription, and it has resolved the issues!

Thank you for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the continuous - and it is now doing the same thing but worse! it won't even show me the window of the opened PDF - even though it says that it is open in Adobe. I can't see where it is opened. What is going on??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've heard of this happening. Try opening a PDF. Look on the Window menu. Does the name show there? If so, use Window > Tile > Horizontal. For many people this leaps into view and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines