Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install for Lightroom on CC Desktop manager stuck

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the Creative Cloud Desktop manager installed and normally update my adobe programs from there, however whenever I click "install" to install the new Lightroom, it goes quickly from 0 to 99%, and then back to the blue install button. It might show the white "open" button for a second, but then just goes back to "install". I am able to open lightroom, but when I open it it just says that it needs to be updated in oreder to continue syncing with mobile. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CC desktop app.

Thanks

Priya

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

I clicked on the link to Contact Customer Care, and on that page, it had a few article suggestions to try before speaking to someone. One of them was https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and doing those steps finally solved the issue. Thank you for all of your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible post screenshot of error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen recording of what is going on:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the update Priya, I would suggest that you manually remove Lightroom from your machine following the steps given here: How to uninstall Lightroom manually.

After this use the direct download links given here: Download Creative Cloud apps , to download and install the product.

Share the results with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When I click on that link to uninstall, it just takes me to a generic page about Adobe Forums. I tried uninstalling on my own just by dragging the app to the trash. Then I restarted my computer. Then I clicked on the link you gave to download Lightroom. I installed it and nothing happens and I cannot find the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peetalwar, please use an alternate web browser to view the instructions on how to remove Lightroom at How to uninstall Lightroom manually .  From your recent post, the current web browser is blocking your ability to review vital information on how you can remove Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I clicked on the uninstall instructions link using another browser and was able to access it. It turns out, these were the instructions I followed when I looked them up on my own. I double checked to make sure I dragged the application to the trash, and deleted the preference files. I restarted my mac, and went to the download page. I downloaded Lightroom Classic CC for mac. Again, when I went to install it, the install box comes up, I see a progress bar, it goes to 99%, and then the box just disappears and Lightroom is nowhere to be found! Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that the issue is still not resolved Priya, can you please reach out to us via phone or chat here? Contact Customer Care.

Our product and tech experts will be able to help you out best! as they can hop on a remote session to troubleshoot this further.

Follow the steps below if you have trouble connecting to the support teams:

• Go to Contact Customer Care
  • Sign in with your Adobe ID (email address)
  • Select Creative Cloud All Apps
  • Select Lightroom CC
  • Select Download and Install
  • Click on the blue button 'Show me my contact options'
  • Choose your options

Let us know if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the link to Contact Customer Care, and on that page, it had a few article suggestions to try before speaking to someone. One of them was https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and doing those steps finally solved the issue. Thank you for all of your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news, enjoy your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priya,

As you have mentioned you are unable to install Lightroom CC through the Creative Cloud desktop app because the install completes with error.

As suggested by Brucgovn please share a screen shot of the error window as it will help us understand the issue better, to know how see: FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

We also need to know the operating system of your machine with its version, kindly share that as well.

Meanwhile, you may also try downloading and installing Lightroom from the direct download links given here: Download Creative Cloud apps.

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines