• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export preview (and exports) not same colour as Program?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

No matter what I do to my export settings I keep getting a change of colour.

I have never run into this problem before and it has nothing to do with export settings, as far as I can tell. (I've tried various)

Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 12.01.22 (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C.F370,

Select "Use Maximum render quality" in export settings, export the file, import the exported file back into Premiere Pro & check the color.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vidya,

I have tried this as I normally would have that box checked that on every export. I have selected all different types of export settings but they don't seem to make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Jamie LeJeune has it right in the following thread from the Blackmagic forums.  He's specifically talking about Resolve, but the idea holds true for all NLEs.  The upshot is, "The only image you can trust is to run SDI out to an accurately calibrated reference monitor."

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68410

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I just don't think this has anything to do with monitor calibration as this is a screenshot from one monitor. So I can't see how different calibration would make two clearly different reds become the same red, within the same screen. (if that makes sense)

If the issue was that it looked different on two separate monitors then I do think that calibration would be the first port of call. This seems like some kind of PP glitch.

I did a screen share with an 'Adobe Helper' but he made no progress and was just asking me what GPU I was using..

I even create other colour mattes and they all retain their integrity when I go to the export window, also I slightly adjusted this red and still get this dampened down look to it in the export preview and in the export.

baffled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That export preview screen is mainly to check aspect ratio and such. It's not the best screen nor designed for color preview ... that's that program monitor. Are you on a new Mac, btw?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting back. I'm not attempting to use Preview monitor for that purpose but showing you the difference, which is also identical in the export regardless of what settings I use.

If, for example, I create a bold blue colour I am not getting any difference between the program monitor (which it goes without saying is where I 'preview colour') and the export preview or any export created from this.

Thats why this is so bizarre, I've even tried creating different assets like pngs, jpegs, colour mattes just to see if premier can get this red correct but nothing works..

Im using a Mac Pro - 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5

Latest PP update etc

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What color profile/space is your monitor set to? Is it calibrated to any standard?

PrPro exports Rec709 which by standards is sRGB. If yourmonitor is in ARGB, P3, or something else, you will have troubles checking your exports in anything other than a color managed app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C.F370,

Have you solved this issue yet? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines