Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to read element properties of indd file

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

Can you please help in understanding how to read element properties of an indd file?

I have 500 indd files in which i have to capture properties (gutter, leading, x, y, width, length etc) for each element in the indd file.

Can i do it in java or python or any other framework?

Thanks

Mehar

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From your wording, I infer that you are intent on reading data out of files without using InDesign itself. Is that correct?

(Then your question does not actually belong in this, the SDK forum, because this sub-forum concerns writing plugins for use from within InDesign. If that is the case, then I also have no idea where – on the official Adobe forums – your question could better be asked.)

Yes you can, because both of these programming languages are fairly complete and should be well up to the task. But it will be very hard, as the binary file format is proprietary, and not publicly available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines