Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tablet/Photoshop Not Working Properly

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all.

So, I noticed after the new windows update that my tablet wasn't functioning properly, at least not on Photoshop. When I open any file, zoom in, and attempt to pan around the canvas using the hand tool, it only moves in the vertical and horizontal. Every once in a while it "snaps out of it" and lets me pan around free range.

Also, when I switch to brush and try to paint, it still pans around. And then, once again, it snaps out of it and lets me paint for a few seconds before switching back to the hand tool again and panning.

What is going on here? I can't even use Photoshop at this point.

Any help would be a huge stress reliever. Thanks guys!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Hi

No The PSUserConfig.txt file is a Photoshop fix.

However, Microsoft have now issued an update (KB4093105) to resolve the issue they caused. That should help with any app.

See here for a download link:

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good find Ged and just shows how a team somewhere (in this case Microsoft) can change something that seriously breaks workflows. For the moment though I'm just going to stick with the PSUserConfig.txt fix rather than start testing registry changes. It works for Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Dave but I can't take the credit, I just came across it in this post

Brush moves the Canvas - Surface Pen

Yep MS sure did mess up big time on this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god! Yes, I have exact the same problem! I use my Wacom 13HD since decades and after the latest update, every tool I use (rubber or pen) switches into like a hand tool (my picture is shifting in the same direction I want to erase or draw something and pans around!) THATS HORRIBLE! New Update PLS!! I could cryyyyy

At least I know a way to have an emergency solution: Each time I want to erase something I push the button on my pen before (Normally for the right click) and hold it, while I´m moving with my pen to avoid the "hand tool"-problem and try to stop pan around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ _svendolin

Did you read the detail provided by Ged in this thread ?

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the  tablet properties and uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well (you need to do all the above steps to retain pen pressure)

Note : There is a third option. Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below). However for  Photoshop the PSUserConfig method works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, went for config file wokaround on windows 10 adobe 2018 works great was driving me nuts last Night!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the first one: Undo the KB4093112 Update...And it was phenomenaly

fast to bring back the good old workflow, without any hand tool issues!

Hurray!

umii <forums_noreply@adobe.com> schrieb am Do., 12. Apr. 2018, 19:50:

Tablet/Photoshop Not Working Properly created by umii

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/umii> in Photoshop - View the full

discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10312525#10312525>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the older versions on both PS and LR.  Both new updates are a big mess.  I sure hope they get a fix to their Preset issues and Wacom on my desktop or Touchpen issues (SurfaceBook).  So upset as I had jobs coming up.  Learning lesson not to do any updates until I absolutely have too. 

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent tablet issues have nothing to do with Adobe updates. They were caused by a deliberate update, by Microsoft, o the way Windows Ink works.

For the surface pro the microsoft registry change works. For Wacoms the registry change or disabling Windows Ink and applying the PSUserConfig.txt fix work well.

If you have other issues with Presets please start a new thread.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would the PSUserConfig.txt file also work with Animate CC? it seems to be doing the same thing that photoshop was doing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No The PSUserConfig.txt file is a Photoshop fix.

However, Microsoft have now issued an update (KB4093105) to resolve the issue they caused. That should help with any app.

See here for a download link:

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the suggested update by Adobe on my surface pro, and pen pressure is not recognized at all, exclamation mark appears in brush settings, plus strokes are jaggedly like short strait lines, no smooth flow no naturalness. All issues started with KB 4089848 update, but cannot keep tablet reverted to older ve signs and disable all updates. Adobe must find a proper solution, as no other painting program is affected. ArtRage work flawlessly as does Corel Painter. It is only Photoshop that broke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evan

Adobe have not made any changes. Microsoft issued an update which changed the behaviour of Windows Ink. Microsoft have now issued a second update to revert the behaviour with both updates applied.

If you applied any workarounds between those two then revert them also.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I am having the same problem.  I didn't use any of the workarounds.  I just did the new Microsoft update and it did indeed fix the the one issue but now I have no pressure sensitivity.  I traded one problem for another.  Any ideas how to restore pen pressure after this update from Microsoft??  I am using a Huion......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys,

Same problem completly lost pressure Huion tablet too please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines