Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Tablet Press and Hold Right Click, Pen Pressure Windows 10 issues: Solved

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Ive spend the last 48 hours pulling my hair out over issues with my Wacom Tablet in Windows 10 but I've finally solved all problems through a multitude of different tweaks provided by various forum users. I wanted to create a resource of links to the various solutions which fixed my machine and to say a huge to all the users I mention for their great tweaks. I want to make it clear that I am not out to steal others credit, only to give back to the community that helped me.

I am running Windows 10 and using a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch CTH-460.

The main issues i was having were:

1. Lag or delay when using Lightroom Sliders

Solution:

Open Wacom Preference and click the "Mapping" button. Then uncheck the box that says: "Use Windows Ink".

However this creates a second bigger problem in that it removes pen pressure in Photoshop. The solution to this problem can be found herePen Pressure issues​

To quote M Shaw

"Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus use to use Microsoft system API's, with these API's you need to have Windows Ink enabled. These API's give better stroke results and improve the out of the box experience for users using Windows tablet/convertible devices. If you want to go back to the old WinTab implementation of previous versions do the following:

Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings\.

To turn off the gestalt's functionality, delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file. Or, move it to a different folder if it doesn't contain any other commands, or change the lines so they read:

# Use Win8 native tablet support

UseSystemStylus 1

2. Clicking and holding was doing a right click

Solution:

Open Control Panel

In the top right hand corner under View by select Large Icons

Click Pen and Touch

Double click on Press and Hold

Uncheck box at the top "Enable press and hold for right click"

HOWEVER this still didn't work for me so:

This article explains how to change the registry entries to solve the problem. See method 2...i changed both registry entries rather than just one and it did the trick.

Turn on / off Press and Hold for Right-clicking in Windows 10 | Password Recovery

3. Stupid ripples or circles every time you click with the pen

Solution:

Click the start menu and type "Pen Settings"

Switch off "Show Visual Effects"

The only problem I have yet to fix is the lack of Pen Pressure in Lightroom Classic after turning off Use Windows Ink in Wacom preferences. If i find the solution ill post it here. If anyone has any other ideas please do share!

Hope this helps!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, this removes the sliders lag but also the pressure functionality within Lightroom.

Please let us know if you find a solution for this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines