0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2008 11:15 AM by cf178-B02ORB

Session scope does not expire

cf178-B02ORB
      I set up my first CF 8.0.1 Enterprise system on Windows Server 2003. I created 2 instances in a single cluster using the simple round robin algorithm for testing. In testing the session replication and expiration I found something very peculiar. The session scoped variables replicate between each CF instance correctly. The problem is, the session does not expire according to the timeout setting used in the <cfapplication> tag. The following is my <cfappliation> tag:

<cfapplication name="Test" sessionmanagement="Yes" sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,0,15)#" applicationtimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,2,0)#" setdomaincookies="Yes">

The session timeout is set to 15 seconds and the application timeout is set to 2 minutes. The session (and session scoped variables) seem to persist beyond the 15 second timeout and only disappear after the application times out at 2 minutes. If I shut down one of the CF instances in the cluster everything seems to work as expected. Running the exact same code on a CF 8.0.1 Standard server also works a expected.

Has anyone encountered this before? Could there be something in the setup that I made incorrectly?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ken