Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Update Auto-Rotates Some Clips

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I just updated today to 12.1.0, and some of my clips have been automatically rotated. Some are rotated 90 degrees; others are rotated 180 degrees. It seems to be those from shot on an iPhone. However, the rotate parameter is still set to 0. If this problem gets fixed later on down the line, I know that those videos will then reflect that correction.

Any idea what could be going on, or is this just a bug?

Thank you for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Hi quiet_dime,

Add your voice to the bug here: Bug - Smartphone footage is rotated in CC2018 when importing CC2017 project – Adobe video & audio apps

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi quiet_dime,

I think this only happens with updated projects and not new projects. Please test in the new version.

Keep in mind that QuickTime-32 files are no longer supported in current versions of Premiere Pro. You may have to transcode some items if you wish to use legacy files in the new version.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old project Program and Source viewer, the clip is rotated.

In the new project, both the Program and Source is as it should be.

But why? This really shouldn't be happening in a professional software. This didn't happen when I updated to CC18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still needs a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still needs a fix (2). Same thing happening to me. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this as well. All smartphone footage (Samsung/Apple) are rotated 180 degrees and it started when i updated to 12.1.1, a.k.a April update.

The footage is rotated: On the timeline, on the Preview area in the Project panel, in the icons in the Project panel when it is set to Icon view and in the Source panel when i open the clip/s.

Bug and sample files/project filed today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi quiet_dime,

Add your voice to the bug here: Bug - Smartphone footage is rotated in CC2018 when importing CC2017 project – Adobe video & audio ap...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a workaround for this. Make the footage offline and then link/locate the footage again: https://youtu.be/BwRmVxnpzhQ

Still waiting for a fix from Adobe though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines