• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 - face recognition

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 (April 2018 release) has been optimized for more accurate detection of faces in your catalog photos"

Has the recognition module also been improved or only the detection component.

That is, if I run "Library > Find Faces Again"  should I expect faces that were not recognized (indexed) automatically in the previous version to be recognized now?

Will Lightroom re-train the recognition engine based on the old indexes?

Thanks, David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi David,

Lightroom Classic now re-runs face detection to upgrade the existing face records but excludes photos that have never had face detection run before. Any photos that have at least one confirmed face or at least one manually drawn face region are also excluded to preserve your previous edits; the unconfirmed faces is those photos remain unconfirmed. 

This linked article Use Intelligent facial recognition in Lightroom Classic CC  have more details about what changed with the Facial Recogni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Lightroom Classic now re-runs face detection to upgrade the existing face records but excludes photos that have never had face detection run before. Any photos that have at least one confirmed face or at least one manually drawn face region are also excluded to preserve your previous edits; the unconfirmed faces is those photos remain unconfirmed. 

This linked article Use Intelligent facial recognition in Lightroom Classic CC  have more details about what changed with the Facial Recognition feature in the Lightroom 7.3 update.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akash, thanks for the answer.

So I understand the recognition component has not changed and I should expect any improvement in the face indexing in 7.3.

Hope it will come in one of the next updates!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines