• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging Acrobat Pro DC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Ok I have updated this question as it seems I am working with the 2017 version, not 2018. For some reason the Purchase Order was tagging it as 2018, even though that's not out yet.

Anyway, I tried to use the Acrobat Customization Wizard DC to edit the .msi package and make this usable for enterprise deployment. However, when trying to "Grant Offline Exception," I get the "Offline exception grant process failed" error. I know the Creative Cloud Packager is available, but from what I understand, it still requires a sign in to authorize the install? That would be difficult with 100s of installs. Am I missing something? Other options?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Ok sure enough, the license code was for Adobe Acrobat 2017 Classic. I had downloaded DC 2017. Too bad it doesn't automatically identify that the code is for a different product if you have the wrong installation files. Either way, case closed, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the "exact" error message?

Generally, you can troubleshoot the error by going to the %temp% and opening the file "oobelib.log" in Notepad to see what the real error was.  When you do this what is the output in the  "oobelib.log" file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should have included that information in the original message above. I did check that log, there's a "Failed to validate the serial number" and a "Return code 14" error. However, I am looking at my license information, and I am wondering if I have the incorrect installation files that go with this license code. I am downloading Acrobat Pro 2017 Classic right now, and am going to try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok sure enough, the license code was for Adobe Acrobat 2017 Classic. I had downloaded DC 2017. Too bad it doesn't automatically identify that the code is for a different product if you have the wrong installation files. Either way, case closed, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines