• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExManCmd licensing question

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating moving more of our Mac Creative Cloud Plug-Ins to the Adobe Exchange. These are currently mostly for InDesign so I am going to use InDesign in all the examples below.

Currently we handle installation using an Apple Installer .mpkg/.pkg and scripts to find the versions of the InDesign application installed. The Plug-Ins are then copied to the respective "Plug-Ins" folder.

At this point, we are wanting to continue to offer our Plug-Ins in the Apple installer as well as the Adobe Exchange. I have been thinking about utilizing the ExManCmd command-line tool from our scripts to install our Plug-Ins from the same .zxp files we would upload to the Adobe Exchange.

On each Adobe Exchange product page there is a "Download/Install another way" link which suggests that the .zxp can be downloaded and installed using ExManCmd, ZXPInstaller or Anastasiy’s Extension Manager. ZXPInstaller is open source and the GitHub repository includes the ExManCmd which is embedded in the application. Anastasiy’s Extension Manager works in the same way by providing a UI around ExManCmd.

The issue I am having is that I can find nothing about whether embedded ExManCmd is legal. There is no license that I can find.

Who should I talk to about potentially embedded this Adobe tool in my installer?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

That would be me! In terms of Exchange, for now I suggest submitting your current installer assuming it's just a file, Exchange will convert it to a zxp file and then pack it to the Downloads folder where the user would then run your installer. We are currently working on some changes that may mean you do not need ExManCMD at all but that's probably best discussed offline. Feel free to reach out to me and I'd love to see your products on Exchange.

Best,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. It doesn't make a lot of sense to add our current installer to the Adobe Exchange as it contains much more than just our Creative Cloud Plug-Ins.

At this point, I think we will take a step back and wait for Adobe to communicate the future of installation before moving forward.

We definitely still want to get our software on the Adobe Exchange though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines