• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 15 - Down to earth!

Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Some great entries from last week's water-mill challenge. There was a suggestion that the perspective last week proved a little difficult so for this week there are no such issues.

For obvious reasons (my tripod does extend that far), I've not used one of my own images this week. The image below comes courtesy of NASA's image gallery, which is well worth a browse. The challenge is simple - use this picture creatively in a new image.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW15Earth.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No takers yet? Well I can't let Trevor be first again this week. So, a 3D render :

SFTWSnooker.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Dave, that's a great start for the weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week15.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, great idea Dave, and it immediately triggered an idea for me.  I took the source picture almost exactly a year ago at my buddy's pub up the road from me.  Quite a lot of it is illustration, like all the near field balls, which is obvious because they are more in focus than the table, but a lot of the background is also illustrated.  One of the quickest SFTWs I've done to date, and I am a bit short of ideas this time round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane

I remember that image Trevor - mainly because I was jealous that you had landed a pub gig

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

....I am a bit short of ideas this time round.

What no lasers ..??

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Thanks Jane

I remember that image Trevor - mainly because I was jealous that you had landed a pub gig

Trevor.Dennis   wrote

....I am a bit short of ideas this time round.

What no lasers ..??

Dave

Blimey Dave.  Have you just got back from a serious night out with the lads?  Was the curry a good un?    The one thing I am really looking forward to when I get to the UK in a couple of weeks time, is really nice Indian food.   I won't be stopping out till 1.30AM to eat it though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is spookily perceptive! 

Yes, I just got in from a beer and curry night. Seriously good curry and sleep beckons soon.. !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow Dave... and my tap image got a "subtly" comment?

I like it mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started on this idea earlier today, and got stuck and gave up.  Then I worked it out just as I was about ready for my bed, so I had to see if it worked.   I thought I could FT > Warp a group because I thought that's how I did the first banner challenge animation, but it wouldn't happen.  I realised I built the warp into the FT Step & Repeat by add some rotation.  Make half the layers and reverse them. Then make the other half, and easy peasy make frames from layers.  A wee bit of decoration, and it's job done, and I can go to bed.   And I actually got a heap of work done today!!!

ISS-Around-Globe.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it Trevor. The warping as it moves looks very good. Will there be a Chinese version that lands in the sea ?  
I also like your Phantom of the Pool Table image. The clouds are nicely positioned on his face.

Nice work USSNorway. You say you had already made such an image. Was it for a purpose or for fun?

Lovely graphics Rista - looks like edible aliens!

Keep them coming

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Nice work USSNorway. You say you had already made such an image. Was it for a purpose or for fun?

just for the hell of it... my Earth is made with Bryce (an old 3d max plug in)

My island home by Ussnorway by Uss-Norway on DeviantArt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too easy... I already have an image like this called "my island home" because Nasa always shows Earth from the same view

island.png

p.s, most of the bits come from Deviantart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DownToEarth.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever Ged! I had to look at it twice to see the hand

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confess I have absolutely no idea what I was thinking here. I think it all started with trying to find an image of the earth from the other side, but I'm not sure:

earth pirate.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dag, are you forgetting Google Earth?

Google Earth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That globe can't be right Dag - everyone knows the earth is flat .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

That globe can't be right Dag - everyone knows the earth is flat .

Right, and then you wouldn't see the flat disc - it has to be horizontal, right? otherwise we'd all slide off. So I decided to skip the realism for once...

Trevor, you wouldn't believe the weird links I stumbled over in this simple search. One guy tried to use Google Earth to prove UFOs. Seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

I confess I have absolutely no idea what I was thinking here. I think it all started with trying to find an image of the earth from the other side, but I'm not sure:

Dag, seeing as we now know for sure that the Apollo landings were filmed in the Arizona desert, you'd have needed some added content to make it realistic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe NASA etc but they still state landing was not fake so same like US goverment. Well how is that sure then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus  wrote

I do not believe NASA etc but they still state landing was not fake so same like US goverment. Well how is that sure then?

Have you not seen this famous image?  It just needed a curves adjustment to expose what was hiding in the shadows.  If this was really filmed on the moon, it would have Richard Branson outside his latest Virgin Megastore, and not a Micky D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I watched tons of proofs that all was hoax. I don't judge. I only know what I see, what my common sense says.

There are even more evidences how badly we are intentionally entered into mistake about International Space Station.

As it is Photoshop related just see official globe from NASA site and then look at human interference there was found:

Globe.jpg

Fake.jpg

Regarding 'Curves' - manipulating with them on some official given images exposes it was made from more than 1 photo.

Question is:

If we have hard evidence moon landings were fake why then US goverment doesn't admit it, but acts it was true?

Moreover, why NASA claims still landing on moon was a fact and keep saying so each time another doubts are given?

Ps. I couldn't find anywhere answers for that, so maybe someone from here say what's the reason they say it's different 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you saying there, Kukurykus - that you believe the moon landing in 69 was faked? How would it be possible to keep such a thing secret for fifty years, considering how many people must have been involved? And no one has blown the whistle? Actually going there could be done with less manpower and a smaller budget.

As for the cloned earth image - that's so badly done you can't even take it seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the earth images on the NASA site are clearly labelled as composites from satellite images, including the one at the top of this thread. That one posted by is Kukurykus really badly put together though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines