• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text entry problem Captivate and presenter

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I am building a simulation using captivate objects inside Presenter courses (built with the presenter add on to powerpoint). These simulations require the user to enter text and I have used "Text Entry" to simulate this.

However for some reason now my simulations wont let me click into and edit the text fields once I have published the course. It doesn't happen for the basic captivate file only after it's imported into presenter? Any ideas whi this might be happening?

I have published an example one and made it public, you can view it here.

I will also re publish this question on the captivate forums.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben,

There have been reports from others attempting to do the same thing with Captivate, and a common scenario has to do with the player version of the published content from within Captivate.

That said, what are the chances that you've published your Captivate content with flash player 7 as the target? Any chance that you haven't published to flash player 8?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2008 Aug 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rob,

I didn't think of that, I was publishing to flash 7. However I just tried publishing to flash 8 (doesn't work) and flash 9; bingo! It seems to work correctly now. Very strange though becuase the other week it was working fine and I hadn't changed which version of flash I was using. But who knows perhaps the IT department pushed through a new version of flash to everyone.

Regards,

Ben

PS HORRAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2008 Aug 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Apparently I spoke to soon.

It seems that perhaps this is only part of the answer. Swapping the export to Flash player 9 means that I can have one fully functioning simulation in a presentation but not two.

They both work because I tried inserting them independently but it's the weirdest thing when they are both there only the first one you take works. I get the same text entry field problem for the second one. Any suggestions?

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources