• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Hangs and Freezes After Prolonged Use

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem, in a nutshell, is that the longer I use Photoshop the more it starts to lag, hang and freeze, and eventually it will stop responding altogether and I have to force close it with task manager. I start to notice problems after around 5 minutes.

I had problems previously with clone stamp/ healing brush/ select and mask that I went through with tech support and things improved for a while, but since the latest update, things have gotten much, much, much worse. It seems to especially not like the polygonal lasso tool. I've also had problems with Lightroom not responding which I've never had problems with before.

Stuff I've tried:

- Reset preferences/settings folder

- Restart computer

- Updated drivers

- Updated Photoshop and Lightroom

Tech Spec:

Windows 10 Home           

CPU: i5-6300HQ 2.30GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB   

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M and Intel HD Graphics 530

HDD: Samsung EVO 860 500GB

Photoshop: CC 2019 - 19.1.3

Huion Q11K Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you check Windows event viewer to see if there's a crash report for Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There is nothing in my crash logs in the Photoshop folder, as for event viewer, the only erros that I have that are occuring at arround the same time appear to be a disk error: "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk5\DR10"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this problem too.  Photoshop has become unusable.

I have had these issues since I got a brand new iMac last summer and re-downloaded LR and PS.  I will put 4 photos into PS to edit.  I can usually do the first four with no issues.  I save and close them and return to LR.  I select the next 4 photos and open them in PS.  Then the lags begin.  Particularly when using the healing brush tool.  Sometimes the only way to get PS unfrozen is to click outside of the photo.  Then undo the streak it just made on the photo and it is good to go, for another minute or so.  Saving photos back to LR at this point take well over 15 seconds per photo.

I've assumed it was an iMac problem but from surfing these forums it is an Adobe issue?

Note I did not have these issues on my 2011 iMac.  However, I had not updated LR or PS in sometime on that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines