Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming in causes Wacom Pen to be stuck in Move mode and can no longer draw

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I have run into an issue where anytime I zoom into my document the pen tool acts like the Hand tool and I can no longer draw. The symbol stays like the brush tool but all I can do is move my document and I cannot draw anymore. Sometimes when I zoom out showing the entire document I can draw again. Closing Photoshop and re-opening the document allows me to draw again but the second I zoom in I can't draw anymore using the pen. Using the zoom Tool, pressing CTRL + and the scroll wheel have the same effect.

Sometimes it lets be draw horizontally but not vertically.

Things I've done:

Reset Wacom driver.

Restored Wacom to factory settings.

Changed brushes

Reset brushes

Any help on this would be great.

Wacom Driver - 6.3.29-6

Photoshop Version - 19.1.3

Graphic's card is updated to latest 391.33

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

You have two choices to fix this

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location

C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

Or

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You have two choices to fix this

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location

C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

Or

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyboard

7 Reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much. I was going to try both options but after using the first one it worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for the insanely quick answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both of these and now my pen has stopped working altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is still an ongoing problem in 2024. The bugs are really getting annoying. I don't care about AI, I just want the software to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Windows PC or a Mac OSX system? I have severe complaints about how Wacom graphics tablets are hamstrung on Windows-based PCs due to the scourge known as Windows Ink Workspace. I have to leave Windows Ink disabled in the Wacom tablet driver in order to maintain my sanity. But it comes at the cost of the graphics tablet having any pressure sensitive capabilies. My fallback is an iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil. At least that is something that works correctly. And this is coming from a long-term, hardcore PC user. Windows Ink is a source for many problems with Wacom graphics tablets. Wacom needs to develop a driver that does not rely on Windows Ink at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows. My mac is fine but my pc is my workstation since it has more RAM and it is just a better custom built machine. I hate having to fiddle with Windows Ink. I think those settings get reset after every windows update because I keep having to make adjustments to it from previous adobe comment isssues that other people have had with this exact same issue that fixes it for a short time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been unable to arrive at any solution that involves enabling Windows Ink in the Wacom tablet driver. I have tried, to no avail, to disable various features of Windows Ink within Windows' settings and even trying hacks of the Windows registry. The two most aggravating, anger-flaring issues are the pop-up handwriting text window and the much worse issue of press and hold functions of the pen tip being hijacked. Sometimes I can defeat the text-entry pop-up. But the press and hold problem with the pen tip is much more far-reaching. Any function within an Adobe application or any other application that involves pressing the pen tip and dragging gets disabled. Animated zoom in Adobe Illustrator? Disabled. Press-dragging to select a string of text? Disabled. Adjust CMYK sliders in a color palette? Disabled. I could go on and on. When you try to press and drag the pen tip this stupid circle icon of just nothing appears on screen. There is supposed to be settings in Windows to disable this idiotic "feature" but it just doesn't work. The only solution is disabling Windows Ink in the Wacom tablet driver (and then taking a chill pill to cool down the anger). Windows Ink is simply some of the most horribly designed "software" I have ever seen. It only seems to be there to make other things not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines