2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2008 8:10 AM by Cr99

CategoryAxis ColumnChart chops off column widths

Cr99 Level 1
      I am trying to create a column chart in Actionscript. The chart gets created fine, but it 'chops' the first and last columns in half and also creates a large empty space on the left and right sides of the chart. The names of the columns are rather long, but this is the only thing I can think of that might be causing it to hack up the graph this way. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 1. Re: CategoryAxis ColumnChart chops off column widths
          Level 7

"Cr99" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g8hsma$5ou$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am trying to create a column chart in Actionscript. The chart gets
          >created
          > fine, but it 'chops' the first and last columns in half and also creates a
          > large empty space on the left and right sides of the chart. The names of
          > the
          > columns are rather long, but this is the only thing I can think of that
          > might
          > be causing it to hack up the graph this way. Does anyone know how to fix
          > this?

Try looking at the gutter properties and setting clipContent on the chart to
          false.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: CategoryAxis ColumnChart chops off column widths
            Cr99 Level 1
            Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure how to access the gutter properties. Setting clipContent to false does indeed work but it then overlaps the axes.

I tried changing genericChart's type from CartesianChart to ColumnChart and that seems to work, but it sort of defeats the purpose of allowing the user to dynamically change the chart at runtime.