• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black and White Part of "HSL / Color / black and white" is missing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last Lightroom Update in my  "HSL / Color / black and White" Panel the Black and White Part is missing. Only "HSL" and "Color" Part is available.

How can i get it back?

14-04-_2018_09-45-49.jpg

Thank you for your ideas.

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

It hasn't actually moved. If you apply a monochrome treatment (by profile, by pressing the "V" key, or by clicking on "Black & White" in the Treatment line) you'll see that the "HSL/Color" panel changes to "B & W", where the Black & White Mix sliders will be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has moved.

Lightroom now wants you to select Black & White in the Basic Panel-

ScreenShot085.jpg

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't actually moved. If you apply a monochrome treatment (by profile, by pressing the "V" key, or by clicking on "Black & White" in the Treatment line) you'll see that the "HSL/Color" panel changes to "B & W", where the Black & White Mix sliders will be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just seems like it has moved for all those folks who used to click on the "B&W" in the panel header "HSL/Color/B&W" which is now just "HSL/Color".  Why remove it from the header?  who knows... it was intuitive, I've never had to look up how to make an image B&W in Lightroom until now (and I explored LR before turning to the web).  When a user has to lookup on the web how to do something simple it is an interface fail IMO.  B&W adjustments deserves a panel all of its own instead of being hidden under the basic panel..

That's my constructive 2 cents..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well when I click the Black and White option or Monocrome the HSL Panel completley dissapears... why mess with something that was logical they need to get it back where it was. This has now become very frustrating and I will have to look elsewhere for my B&W conversions when it was a very simple task previously!

ADOBE FAILED on this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when I click the Black and White option or Monocrome the HSL Panel completley dissapears...

It does not disappear for me, but the HSL panel does change to B&W with [Black & White Mix] showing the color channel sliders.

ScreenShot105.jpg

"B&W Mix" (as I understand it) is another name for 'Luminance'.

And why would you need Hue and Saturation for a monochrome image?

I do not see where "ADOBE FAILED" although perhaps a 'less intuitive' UI.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines